Pull down menu nodes to Data-shape, like in Dynamo Player?

Hello,

Using the “IsInput” in the pull down node’s option is great to obtain pull down menus in Dynamo Player.

I was wondering what would be the best way to use those nodes with Data-shape, without having to re-build a list of those items… as in : Category > All element of category?

This is the one input where Dynamo Player beats Data-Shape… :slight_smile:

thank you

regards

Gio

You can’t use those nodes with Data-Shapes, not as a selection anyway. You would have to rebuild the list and use the Data-Shapes nodes to replicate this feature.

1 Like

Thank you Nick, I was suspecting that.

On the same subject, what is the best way to have a user input effect another user input?

For example, I need to ask for a category, then I need to ask for a tag family of that category.

Currently, I can think only of sequential inputs, either Player to Data-shape, or everything done in two Data-shape inputs sequences…

Alternatively, I could use data-shape conditional input, where I would setup 2, 3 or 4 of the most common categories, and when the user chooses one, the corresponding input gets activated… however, the categories would be limited…

Thank you

regards

gio

You would need to use consecutive Data-Shapes inputs. There’s no way to have a user input node “update” with a selection so these would have to be separate.

Hi @Giovanni_Succi,

The Data-Shapes package does have a “Categories list” node.