Publish new package correctly

Hello,

I recently tried to upload a package of mine, which is using three .dll’s. One contains the node for the DynamoUI, the other two contain the functions called by the nodes. In my local copy everything works just fine, but one of the required .dll’s is not available when installing the package. Any suggestions how to solve this?

supplementary note: My package is the recently added Catalyst.GAnerator which should contain the Catalyst.dll (the nodes), the GAprogramm.dll and the GAF.dll, which causes the problem.

Thanks and Regards

Fabian

Hello Fabian Ritter,

I will download your dll and will get back to you.

Thanks,

Ritesh

Hello @Ritesh Chandawar,

I downloaded the package and added the GAF.dll manualy. This even didn’t work, because it returns this Error:

Warning: GAnerator.GAnerator4PointDistance operation failed.
There location of the assembly, GAF, Version=1.1.5066.41647, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null could not be resolved for loading.

Updating the Catalyst.dll with my working version even causes the hole package to crash (i.e. it is not displayed in the node browser any more and under manage packages all informations are gone). If you like, I can send you the working .dll’s as zip file via mail if you like.

Thanks, Fabian

hi fabian, i installed your package manually, downloaded the GAF, installed it, and it refused to work.

Hello Fabian, I still see this problem.I downloaded the latest version and problem persists. Could you please send me the working .dlls

I was kind of hoping to use this package for a workshop- you can email me at monika.prabhu@autodesk.com

Hi Fabian,

I downloaded your package and inspected the package.json file inside. This is the metadata for the package.

There are two dll’s listed inside, both of which are identified as node libraries (i.e. libraries that should be loaded into Dynamo as nodes). In the pkg.json file, it looks like this:

“contains_binaries”:true,“node_libraries”:[“Catalyst, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null”,“GAneratorProgram, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null”]

In short, when you publish only those two binaries are identified as part of the package.

This may be because of an issue with the publish package dialog in Dynamo. If you send Monika your dll’s, she will be able to attempt to upload your package to a staging server successfully. If she runs into the same issues, this is a bug and we will fix it.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause you. :stuck_out_tongue: