Populate Room Fields / Revit Schedule

Hi guys,

Newbie here and making my first dynamo routine. I have a revit schedule with room numbers that always start with A, B, C, D or E and I want to assign automatically a department name (which is a field on the schedule).

I started and quickly stumbled into a wall. Now that I have a list for the rooms and a list for the department fields, what’s next to tell revit -change the schedule field “department” of all the rooms beginning with A on the field “number” to have the output word “Aquatics”-?

Thank you for your help, and I apologize if this post it’s too basic for this forum.

String.Character at index node to get the first character.

A dictionary mapping or nested if statements will produce the correct results.

Give those a shot and see where you wind up.

Hey Hugo,
I am more than happy to help you with this one. Apparently, I did not get the whole idea of what you wanted to do with these schedules. But, I have tried my best in understanding your problem and sorting it out. Please look at it below and tell me if you need more help. Also, The Number part is undone. I will try to give it to you ASAP.

Regards,
Nainoor

Hi guys!, Thank you for your help! A really good dynamo user at my work helped me to figure it out and the routine is now, please look the following image:

For sure I wouldn’t be able to do this by myself.

Thanks!!