Path for Custom node dll

Hi,

Can someone please confirm where a compiled .dll with a custom node should be placed for version 0.7 ?

I’ve tried in C:\Autodesk\Dynamo07\Core and the subfolder nodes. How do I detect a loading error (if it occurs).

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Hey Jon,

In 070 we have turned off loading 3rd party custom nodes from DLLs, temporarily, just so we can get the quality up a bit before making it widely available. It’s coming though.

In the meantime, the easiest way to add a DLL is to compile from source and remove the comments that prevent the hook showing up in the UI.

Lines 286-288 in DynamoView.xaml

<!–<MenuItem Header="_Libraries" Name=“LibraryManagerMenu” Focusable=“False” IsEnabled=“True”>

<MenuItem Focusable=“False” Header="_Import Library…" Command="{Binding Path=DataContext.ImportLibraryCommand, RelativeSource={RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type controls:DynamoView}}}" Name=“importLibrary”/>

</MenuItem>–>

Should become

<MenuItem Header="_Libraries" Name=“LibraryManagerMenu” Focusable=“False” IsEnabled=“True”>

<MenuItem Focusable=“False” Header="_Import Library…" Command="{Binding Path=DataContext.ImportLibraryCommand, RelativeSource={RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type controls:DynamoView}}}" Name=“importLibrary”/>

</MenuItem>

You’ll then find the feature appearing in the UI (Import Library) where you can pull in your DLL.

Does this work for now as a solution until we’re ready to make this more broadly available?

If you need a hand, or if this doesn’t work for you, feel free to ping me for more info.

Cheers,

Luke