Parking spots

Hi there,
I’m trying to make a script in order to place parking spots between columns and I think I’m very close, but somehow I can’t get past this error:

The thing is geometry.translate’s geometry and direction are correct. In order to get the distance, I used a Sequence, and as far as I’m concerned both inputs ‘amount’ and ‘step’ are correct. However I don’t really know what to make as an input for ‘start’. What I need is the start to be the point where the other face of the column starts. I made a script to get that coordinate for each column, but I don’t really know how to connect it, since the ‘start’ input requires a number.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much

Would it help to extract the x or y depending on which way the parks are going and sequence that value?

Yeah looks like you’re giving the sequence an incorrect input for the start. it wants an integer or a floating point number, you’ve given it a point.

That was a great idea. However, I tried to do it and still no result… the Sequence is somehow correct, but not the geometry.translate , as Xs are displaced the first number (-12.769…). I also tried geometry.translate ing the geometry that distance (+12.769…) but it doesn’t work either…

Any other ideas?

What is the list structure of Geometry and Direction? Can you show us this please?

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been pretty busy lately

The geometry is the point where the family instances will be located and the direction is the vector to where I want the points to move to.

Anyways, I could manage to do it by playing with the levels. Thanks!