Package manager failing to update

@erfajo - If you were able to publish, they should not be removed. But, while we are fixing/testing, the package manager server might be going on/offline intermittently.

2 Likes

Also the package search now is not working. I think is a direct consequence of the server testing.

1 Like

Yeah that and the online portal are both down. Thanks to all for letting me know it wasn’t just me as I was about to go insane. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone - Thanks so much for your patience. We ran into a configuration mistake on our server while making security improvements. We have applied the fix and finished our testing. The Package Manager should be up and good to go now.

Please let us know if there are any issues. Thanks again for calling this to our attention! We really appreciate it.

7 Likes

Thanks @Racel and team for your instance support

The problem seems to be back indeed! :smile: @Racel

Thanks @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi - Looking into it now…More soon

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi @istarosx - We are back online now. Can you try again and let us know if there are still any issues.

1 Like

Everything’s seems okay now thank you so much !

1 Like

I am attempting to publish locally via the Package Manager but keep getting this warning. (see attached)

It has been over an hour now searching the web trying to find a solution to no avail. The goal is to publish some custom nodes (.dyf) to a local repo for testing to see if other users on our team can use it in their projects. I posted this as a new issue on the GitHub page but trying to resolve asap. Please let me know if I’m overlooking a step here! My guide to publishing has been the Dynamo Primer. http://dynamoprimer.com/en/10_Packages/10-4_Publishing.html

Let me know. Thanks all!
-Tim

Try dragging all of those files into the following folder, then publish your local version.

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.3\definitions

I think there are checks in place to prevent you from simply selecting DYFs from people’s packages.

Hi John, thanks for the response. This did work to get the group to show up in my Dynamo with a ‘DS’ showing next to it in the Dynamo UI. However, this doesn’t answer the bigger question. It still is a copy of some custom nodes locally on my machine rather than a centralized repo on our network for others to use as well. I have no problem giving credit where credit is due for dependent packages but do need to know how to handle those dependencies. My attempt at setting a network file location for ‘Manage Node and Package Paths…’ didn’t seem to work either. Still pretty confused on a stable solution I can use.
Thanks for the feedback though!

Attempting to copy the .dyf files to the ideal network directory and update the ‘Manage Node and Package Paths…’ to point to that directory doesn’t seem to work. The only thing I can find missing is a JSON file I believe is causing the package to manifest and be recognized by Dynamo on load time. Unfortunately there seems to be no discernible format to the file and I presume can only be configured while using the Package Manager in Dynamo to publish.

Anyone want to jump in on this deployment / publishing issue?

Can you share what failed about this?

Hi @jacob.small thanks for getting back to me. In the context of the situation I described above, I expected the .dyf custom nodes to be available in the Dynamo sidebar menu. Because they weren’t showing up I would call that a failure. Mentioned above, I matched folder structure as other packages installed on my system and added the network location to find these on load-time. Nothing. Scratching my head the only thing I think is missing is the manifest file which I believe should have been generated if the package manager was working as hoped.

That’s really weird… Let me think on this and see what I can come up with.

1 Like

@jacob.small Did you happen to come across any solutions for this or ask into it with the dev team?

@Tim_Halvorson - wasnt able to come up with any direct cause/solution. Can you direct message me so that I can get a few more specifics?

Sure thing.

Hi,
The package manager search is not working. I am using version 1.3.3 however the same issue is happening with the latest version as well on another pc. Can you please advise when the issue will be resolved?