PACK 01 - SCRIPT 1/3 - MAP GLOBAL PARAMETERS - BIM One Inc.
We’ve learnt so much on the dynamobim forum and have decided to give back by sharing some of our internal scripts.
Here is script 1 on 3 for today
WITH THIS SCRIPT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
Link a global parameter to all Revit elements in one or more categories.
- Choose the categories of elements that contain the parameter you want to link,
- Select the type of parameter: Type or Instance,
- Select the parameter of the categories concerned,
- Select the global parameter to link,
- A dialog box tells you how many items have been processed (or not).
- Make sure it is possible to associate the parameter in question.
- All type or instance parameters are listed, but not all can be associated. Check that both parameters are the same type: text with text, material with material, etc.
and for the french speaking people
We can not wait to release our next Dynamo Script Pack. The second pack should consist of file cleanup tools.
More details and all three scripts on http://bimone.com/en/Blog/Dynamoscript1
et plus de détails sur les trois scripts sur http://bimone.com/fr/Blog/scriptDynamo1
All scripts have an interface when needed (with thanks to our friends at data|shapes).
We worked hard to develop our scripts with as few dependencies as possible to make deployment and maintenance straightforward. By dependencies, we mean custom nodes that need to be downloaded for the script to be functional.
Our scripts are bilingual. The first section of each script starts with a Python script that queries the language of the Revit interface and conditions the text of the interface.
- These scripts are distributed free of charge by BIM One Inc. They have all been tested and used by our specialists before being released. However, Dynamo, like computing is not an exact science, some scripts may not work as expected on your computers or in your projects. We can not be held responsible for your use of it. Obviously, we will try to correct any problems or answer your questions as much as possible and according to our availability. Our goal is to follow up once a week .
- Like any Dynamo script, it’s essential to understand that manipulations on a file can cause an unwanted result: Always save your file or a copy before proceeding.
- In order to have a correct result, it is necessary to close and reopen Dynamo every time you use the same script on the same file.
BIM1_MapGlobalParameter.dyn (232.7 KB)