Orchid update feed

Sorry to hear that, you will be missed, best of luck with everything, thank you for all your help and assistance.

Mark

Sorry to hear that Erfajo.
You are one of my favorites on the forum
Good luck

Nico

Very sorry to hear. Thank you for all your help to me, and generally to this community

@erfajo

I am trying to remove multiple family parameter from the project (Trying to remove parameter of family inside project ) . Does your Remove Parameter works for Project.

Thank you .

To whom it might concern…
I have made a new set of Print nodes, incl. a new node for the “ActiveView” that handles any kind of view incl. sheet view, which the OOTB node do not handle!
Print

Postedit
I had to rename all dropdown nodes! In my continues work I wanted to add more dropdown classes, and while doing this I discovered that I would end up in a mess if I didn’t name all UI classes with “special” names. Therefore I had to rename the these classes as fast as I could, and since the print nodes were released yesterday, I have not made migration for this!

8 Likes

It is increasingly becoming more and more problematic to maintain what happens with my package. I know this is not a blog but on the other side, if it was doable for me to edit the posts (especially in this post), then I could update and maintain the individual post I make. The oldest posts are deprecated, meaning the nodes look different by now. However, posts are being locked over time and I have no options for keeping it up to date. The only option is to delete a post, and then is the remaining thread looking odd. Mostly would it be images and names for nodes which need to be updated…

This is why I have started to blog about information, updates, tips and tricks for Orchid. However, I don’t expect that this is something users want to follow day by day. What I do is not that important at all :slight_smile: So in the future will I post whenever a new blog is out, so followers this way can read whenever there is news… and I have the option to edit whatever I do to keep everything updated.

I think this statement is unfair. You will be surprised how many people will use this resource as their “go to” for information regarding your nodes. I primarily announce updates to Rhythm via my blog and twitter and it seems to have worked fine for the last 4 years. Several other node authors do the same as well.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing what is to come!
-john

1 Like

New nodes released:
The latest update includes a larger extension of nodes for association and nodes for categories.

1 Like

Thanks for the update :wink:

hey there. thanks for these awesome nodes.
i have a problem though, as it seems that my list of print settings is being ignored by the print.by view node in RVT 2018.3, dynamo 2.0.1.5055. it only uses the first print setting for all the views. this problem was the same using archi-labs.

any ideas why that might be?

To make it possible to get historic version of my executable installers have I renamed my executable installers to:
OrchidForDynamo_130.exe
OrchidForDynamo_200.exe

Previously did I include the major and minor number in the filename, but that meant that for every major/minor change came a new file name. Therefore, did I not have a history to roll back available at Github. This change should over time mean that historic executable should be available to get.

I have also made migration solutions for my deprecated DanEDU package.

Concerning the current internally dynamo 2.0.x migration problem is here a proof of concept solving this issue!

As mentioned in the blog, is the major update this time the IFC Export nodes. I would be happy if someone would test these nodes in an environment I don’t have any more myself. I am especially interested in test based on Revit 2017 and Revit 2018 and IFC Exporter 18.4.0 or lower. I don’t have either Revit or IFC exporter versions below 2019 and 19.1.0 installed anymore!

Please write me PM if you have test results or at the issue page at GitHub!

Test files can be found using my sample collection
https://github.com/erfajo/OrchidForDynamo/tree/master/Builds
https://github.com/erfajo/OrchidForDynamo/tree/master/Samples

5 Likes

Material and assets update.
I have published a release which includes more than 100 new nodes!

2 Likes

Thanks Erik, that’s a huge amount of work!

Just a couple of queries if that’s ok?

I notice that the material create method includes a doc reference, would it be possible to have this as an input? Then you could add materials to multiple revit projects?

I can’t see any access to material libraries through the api… is it possible to create a new library? or export one from a document? It would be really interesting if we could read an excel, generate a bunch of materials then save them out as a library…

Cheers,

Mark

Not sure that library creation is doable (been ages since I looked). I always found it easier to manage them in a file and move the materials from file A to file B by assigning them to a family in file A, and moving the family into file B.

Yet an update with +20 new nodes…
Nodes for BuiltInParameter. Nodes for copying and transferring elements between different document. Nodes for opening, save and closing central files. Nodes for linking files into documents.

6 Likes

Update on behalf of Erik…

Minor release 134.5.0 / 202.5.0 and major release 210.0.0

Please address all queries to Github.

Thanks to Erik for all his hard work :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Mark

1 Like

Move an entire model and its views

7 Likes

Hi, I took the contents from the dynamo Revit folder on my local dynamo and put it in the server folder for everyone and the nodes I use for a script are working now. However I’m worried about the contents of the dynamo core folder on my local. Do I need to copy that anywhere on the server. Where would I? Or should I have the dynamo core content for everyone to use and not the dynamo revit contents. Thanks for any help. Trying to make sense of stuff

The stuff I havnt copied across… Thinking about it, dynamo core is just a different application to dynamo Revit?