Orchid package --> released at Github

orchid

#21

I have refactored the executable installer location at Github. This step is taken to support the release of beta builds as well as releases. All executables are now stored in the subfolder “Builds” at Github.


#22

To whom it might concern. I have started to expand my nodes for compound structures (system family)…


Load multiple Families from a folder and to multiple Revit Models from a folder
Kind request - custom node - Parts - get original family's CompoundStructure Layer Index
#23

To whom it might concern…
I have made a new set of Print nodes, incl. a new node for the “ActiveView” that handles any kind of view incl. sheet view, which the OOTB node do not handle!

Postedit
I had to rename all dropdown nodes! In my continues work I wanted to add more dropdown classes, and while doing this I discovered that I would end up in a mess if I didn’t name all UI classes with “special” names. Therefore I had to rename the these classes as fast as I could, and since the print nodes were released yesterday, I have not made migration for this!


Batch plot to pdf
Print PDF , type error
Batch PDF with multiple sheet sizes
List Sheets by Revision - Combining and Filtering Lists
PDF print node by Archi-Lab Ignores printer and print range
Local Printers Names Crashes Revit
Creating Print Sets from Schedules
Copy Files Node
Print Setup Checkboxes boolean controlled via Dynamo Graph?
#24

Just some words about why I dont use the Package Manager…


#25

I have just updated to 132.3.7 / 201.3.7 versions. They both support the newly released 2.0.2 and 1.3.4 version of Dynamo as well. – > https://github.com/erfajo/OrchidForDynamo/tree/master/Builds

One major change is that the two versions are now split into individual installers. I have evaluated that the time is up for this since the 2.0 version has been around for some time and that many new users don’t use the old 1.3 series anymore. However, there is still a world out there that need to be compatible with the 1.3 series. I will in the future develop against the 2.0 series but maintain the 1.3 series as long as it is possible without doing anything extra. Over time will the development of the 1.3 series stop.

By this version, I have also removed the last Custom Nodes meaning all nodes in the package is now Zero Touch nodes (The last four CN nodes for FEM-design).

This update also adds some new nodes and some updated nodes as well.
Among these is the node there can tell the user if an update of the package exists!

new…

updated…


Associating Global Parameters to a family in a project
Material take-off density
#26

more new nodes for getting families, familytypes, and nodes for subcategories.
-released in the 201.3.8 / 132.3.8 version of Orchid


Family names
#27

Yet another update (132.3.9 / 201.3.9)… new nodes created for Shared Parameters.

The idea with the “SetFile” node is to be able to set a temporary SP file while doing stuff, and in the end, return to the original SP file. If you want to test it without any “Stuff”, then use the Circut node, set it to false and then you can verify that the SP file changes. Then test it with the Circuit set to true and you should end up with the file you had in your file (remember to reset between the two tests!).

The two “query” nodes get all the parameters in the SP file and group them either by type or by group name.

This update included also four updated nodes for printing (options there are rarely set)


Batch PDF with multiple sheet sizes
Print Setup Checkboxes boolean controlled via Dynamo Graph?
Create Project Parameter from Shared Parameter
#28

I have made some supplemental nodes for Element and ElementType to get FamilyName and Name for ElementType!

The new FamilyName nodes might come handy when it is needed to figure if a wall is a Curtain Wall or a Basic Wall :slight_smile:


Returning 'Element' of an 'ElementType'
Family Name Value not Family Type
#29

Orchid version 134.3.10 / 202.3.10 has been released.

The largest change in this version is that the package has been refactored to comply with naming conventions.

The next largest change is all FamilyDocument nodes don’t pass the document as an output, likewise, other nodes there passed project documents. I have made this rather large change to be able to support ”ListLevel” better, I have noticed many users have problems understanding that the output changes dramatically for passing the opened document when list level is used. Therefore do all now need to use the DataStream.Await to let documents being passed.

Example…

There are also some new nodes made for Parameters…

One of the new nodes is AddIfcParameters, this one adds the four most important IFC parameters.
Parameters are found in the IFC Shared Parameters.txt that works together with the Revit IFC exporter!
http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-7119A8C3-A0EE-4568-8C35-750410D867C9

PARAM f53d1285-ae3d-4992-a3f1-2e7978be529a IfcExportAs TEXT
PARAM 8296d5c9-f935-41f5-8247-48a26d1c85a4 IFC CAD Layer TEXT
PARAM 99793364-7511-4937-80d1-4a6427f2c720 IfcDescription TEXT
PARAM 765c61bc-7588-4846-bfef-befb28681767 IfcExportType TEXT

I have also changed the icon layout for all nodes. All large icons are now 128x128 px, and I have started to use a green and yellow color in icons. Family document icons have got a new border to show they are only for Family documents. I am still trying to keep the general layout used by the Dynamo team.

…please see my sample collection for further documentation


Set Value to Parameter within .rfa
FamilyDocument.AddSharedParameter Errors
Orchid package possibilities
Create Project Parameter from Shared Parameter