I have Improved the Parameter nodes and extended it with two more nodes.
The AddSharedParameter node and the AddProjectParameter can now be used to update category binding if the parameter exists in the project in advance. Furthermore is the ChangeCategory node used for changing/updating category binding. The DeleteParameter node is for removing/deleting a parameter in the project.
Many nodes have been made for solving FamilyDocument issues in such an amount that the overview has become muddy. Therefore, have these nodes been split into sub-classes. However, all nodes should be covered by the migration, if not, then let me know.
I have updated the installer for Orchid so it works just like the new “LunchBox” installer. Good thing is that both the 130 branch and the 200 branch is being installed according to the dynamo versions installed (including the beta 2.1.0) AND it is installed in the “Sandbox” version as well in the proper folders. it installs all in all two versions per branch without the user has to do anything
However, if you have located your packages elsewhere than dynamo does OOTB, then you will end up having competing versions of Orchid installed. In such cases, you need to manually delete the “old” Orchid folder and manually move the needed Orchid version to you tweaked location.
I have been around in this community for a long time. I have helped users with all kind of issues, whether it is the usage of nodes, forming graphs, and/or python coding. Spanning from a basic level to a highly advanced level (mainly concerning coding).
In parallel to this have I maintained my own package. In the beginning was it called “DanEDU” which is deprecated now and continued as the current Orchid package (project). The later coded in a .Net environment there solves many issues not covered by the OOTB nodes, including solving issues with OOTB nodes.
At the same time while I was very active participating and solved many issues could I register that other users were promoted Moderators by the Dynamo team. Users which has not been helping out others, which to a very limited point only was supportive towards their own stuff. Packages not widely used as mine is. At that point, I became so disappointed that I simply start doing the same. I am sure that the Moderator group can show this in a graph when I started pulling back only supporting my own stuff.
At some point, some users with limited skills began to attack my package, and even I tried to get the Moderators to stop them that didn’t happen. At that point, I decided to pull back from the community.
Without the proper rights in the community or the acknowledgment from whoever is deciding who can become Moderators, then I see no reason for me to be an asset in this community.
However, I am still very active and I will gladly help anyone I can. I just offer the service from my Github environment. So If help and guidance are needed, then use my issues page. Then I will try to take care of it.
I have refactored the executable installer location at Github. This step is taken to support the release of beta builds as well as releases. All executables are now stored in the subfolder “Builds” at Github.
Postedit I had to rename all dropdown nodes! In my continues work I wanted to add more dropdown classes, and while doing this I discovered that I would end up in a mess if I didn’t name all UI classes with “special” names. Therefore I had to rename the these classes as fast as I could, and since the print nodes were released yesterday, I have not made migration for this!
One major change is that the two versions are now split into individual installers. I have evaluated that the time is up for this since the 2.0 version has been around for some time and that many new users don’t use the old 1.3 series anymore. However, there is still a world out there that need to be compatible with the 1.3 series. I will in the future develop against the 2.0 series but maintain the 1.3 series as long as it is possible without doing anything extra. Over time will the development of the 1.3 series stop.
By this version, I have also removed the last Custom Nodes meaning all nodes in the package is now Zero Touch nodes (The last four CN nodes for FEM-design).
This update also adds some new nodes and some updated nodes as well.
Among these is the node there can tell the user if an update of the package exists!
Yet another update (132.3.9 / 201.3.9)… new nodes created for Shared Parameters.
The idea with the “SetFile” node is to be able to set a temporary SP file while doing stuff, and in the end, return to the original SP file. If you want to test it without any “Stuff”, then use the Circut node, set it to false and then you can verify that the SP file changes. Then test it with the Circuit set to true and you should end up with the file you had in your file (remember to reset between the two tests!).
The two “query” nodes get all the parameters in the SP file and group them either by type or by group name.
Orchid version 134.3.10 / 202.3.10 has been released.
The largest change in this version is that the package has been refactored to comply with naming conventions.
The next largest change is all FamilyDocument nodes don’t pass the document as an output, likewise, other nodes there passed project documents. I have made this rather large change to be able to support ”ListLevel” better, I have noticed many users have problems understanding that the output changes dramatically for passing the opened document when list level is used. Therefore do all now need to use the DataStream.Await to let documents being passed.
I have also changed the icon layout for all nodes. All large icons are now 128x128 px, and I have started to use a green and yellow color in icons. Family document icons have got a new border to show they are only for Family documents. I am still trying to keep the general layout used by the Dynamo team.
…please see my sample collection for further documentation