One part of the curve is not linear

I have imported a cad file to dynamo which has two poly lines of a bridge segment i.e., inner and outer boundaries. I rotated it and translated so that i can make a solid bridge segment by lofting. I tried lofting separately for inner and outer poly lines separately. Unfortunately, it says “Warning: Solid.ByLoft operation failed. One part of curve is not linear!” for one poly line and “Warning: Solid.ByLoft operation failed. Unable to compute edge from curve : IG_CURVE_NON_G1 – Curve is G1 discontinuous.” Also, as I am a new user, this forum does not allow me to upload anything. Kindly help.

This is a protection we have in place to prevent floods of bad data from harming the community.

For now you can post your data set to a 3rd party location such as google drive (box, dropbox, etc) until you become a normal user. Until then it’s going to be hard for people to help. Be sure to include a screen shot (the first type of file you’ll be able to upload if I’m not mistaken) as those will help narrow system specific items down.

As long as you stay active, you’ll find you’re able to use the forum for posting files soon enough. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Here’s the link.

[https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gUT8NCisobeJqppYdCB4OgKOODE0yuS3]

can someone kindly help me with this??

Never mind… I got what i want

Do you mind sharing with community how you solved. It will help others with similar issues.

I did not solve that issue… I just changed my approach to it. I uploaded those files to the same link in a new folder. You can check if you want.

1 Like