Notice: Date. ExportExcel operation failed

I don’t have the “1.8/1.7”

Hey,

Lower down in that same post, they suggest comparing the registry keys on the problem PC with those on a working PC… Perhaps that will show up something? :slight_smile:

Fingers crossed!

Mark

P.S. You are pretty unlucky to get this difficulty of problem!

I would not start playing in the registry quite yet.
a bit overkill.

export excel.dyn (9.0 KB)

try this one.

I’m waiting for my company’s ICT department to modify Microsoft 365, as described in the topic. I hope that that way we can solve the problem. I honestly don’t know how it could have happened.

Same error!

software related then!
no luck

I’m sorry I did not understand

Download and install the Archilab Bumblebee package and see if that works as another troubleshooting step.

If that fails, open the custom node up directly, grab the python node contained therein and copy it (ctrl+c), switch back to the main graph or close the custom node and paste the python node in. Wire in the inputs as needed and run the graph. Paste the error back here so we can learn if there is a difference.

As an alternative workflow in the meantime you can use a CSV.

maybe a stupid debug question, but, do you have excel installed on that computer? you only mention office 365 apps but not excel itself. :crazy_face:

also https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/excel/team-explorer-export-fails
or using the excel repair tools as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/i-have-this-error-when-automating-excel-actions/3e70ee53-1da3-4825-92cf-a4d5ef4ca9b8

3 Likes

and Excel.ReadFromFile operation failed
or
https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/forums/unable-to-cast-com-object-of-type-microsoftofficeinterop

1 Like

The solution is the secondo link! Thanks so much of all!

2 Likes

Hello, could you tell me which is the solution link? Thanks

Hello!
I solved it by “modifying” Microsoft 365.
Go to the list of PC apps and click on “Modifica”, possibly make the complete one.
I hope I have been of help!

1 Like

Hello, I was facing the same problem yesterday and it was solved by updating Microsoft OS to 64Bit so it is the same version as Microsoft OS. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi all,
I think this issue is something more than simple bad Office installation.
I have same Revit and Dynamo on win 10 and win 11 machine. On win 11 it works, on win 10 no.
But the point is that error talks about a key 000208D5-… when inside win registry I have a 00020813-… one. in win 11 it uses this key (there is not present the 000208D5) and it works.
I think issue is derived by the fact Dynamo calls interface 000208D5 in my win 10 and the 00020813 in win 11.
Has anyone looked into this?
Thanks in advance.

It’s pretty well documented that the installation issue is the most common cause. This help article explains the issue in some more detail. This is complicated by Office updates causing the reference to break while clean installations won’t have the issue, and further complicated by the uninstall tool not removing the issue. This is not unique to Dynamo either - searching ‘excel interop failure online repair’ should indicate the scope of the issue.

The online repair should fix the issue in most cases, but subsequent updates may break it yet again.

Thank you @jacob.small for your reply. Excel live interoperation is (or was) one of the most useful demonstrations of Dynamo power I usually do in my training sessions. Last time I lost my face on this! :unamused:

2 Likes

Utilizing another format (ie: CSV) and leveraging the features of excel to import/link that data into the presentation view (if needed) is a great way to remove the Excel dependency and circumvent the issue.