Not able to install a package

Hello

I would like to install Dynamo plugin for a non-admin user account. When I chose “Install to Folder”, Dynamo throws the warning saying that “Dynamo has no read/write access to C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\DynamoRevit\1.1” and then stop installation. Is that a bug that Plugin installer look for system folder first ? Is there a way to work around this problem?

Thanks

Not a bug. You need to be an administrator to install software, which is a security function in windows.

1 Like

I’m not able to be the administrator since I’m a normal user. Is it still possible to install?

More of a Windows administration problem rather than Dynamo. Contact your administrator. I don’t think that you can edit the installer configuration prior to installation, at least easily.
The admin shouldn’t have problems with installing it. It’s free.

Yes, the admin can install it easily. But there are 30+ computers in the lab that needs him to install manually. Actually I did request that but the first question he asked is “Can you let the user install as non-admin?”

Lazy admin ;p He could do it by a script on all computers at once. It depends how he administrates the lab’s hardware.
I won’t give more information, I don’t have any experience with that.

1 Like

is this lab a school environment? I’m curious to know what the syllabus looks like if so.

Yes, it’s a lab for graduate students. We would like to get them used to visual programming concept in design. And I see Dynamo is quite a useful tool. We also have some research in the field of BIM, so it is the perfect companion.