Missing icon --> from nodes to geometry

Hello everyone,

I am using Revit 2020 with Dynamo built in version, however I am not sure which one is it, maybe Dynamo 2.1.

I cannot see the icon on the top-right part of the screen where I can switch from nodes to geometry view.
I am doing a master online of Revit, and I have been recommended to download another version of Dynamo, however when I try, even the newest (Dynamo 2.0.4) complains when I launch the executable, saying I need an older version of Revit, i.e. 2017, 2018, 2019.

Can someone help me?

The only thing I need is to be able to visualize the icon on the screen, or find an alternative way to switch from nodes to geometrical view.

Thanks in advance for your help

Shortcuts to switch between the canvas is:
a) holding down the ESC key
b) Ctrl+B

Revit 2020 and beyond come with a built in version of Dynamo and you cannot install a different version instead of that.

Your problem sounds like a graphical bug, maybe a driver issue of the Graphics card or maybe related to the DirectX Helix Toolkit support issues that we have seen more of.

Dear Bjorn,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. Indeed it might be a graphical bug, because I am using windows parallel for mac (with Windows 10) to run Revit 2020 on my macbook. So far it worked very nicely, this is the first time I am experience this type of issue.

Unfortunately I tried the shortcuts but they both did not work. Even though when I hold down the ESC key, the nodes faint in the background and a new icon which was not there before comes out on the top right panel, which I understand is to rotate the image.

Do you have any other advice?

Thanks in advance

Do some searching, a quick Google search found multiple threads with the exact same issue of Graphics support through virtualization.

Best advice is to mention relevant info when you ask a question and use search first.

Thanks Bjorn,

However that issue was dated 2015, and apparently the problem is still here. I dropped a message in that topic let´s see if someone is picking it up.

Thanks