MEPover package published

Good to know you found the cause, because the python error was nothing I’ve seen before :smile:

1 Like

Hello T_Pover.
First of all, thank you for the package. Good job!

I tried the MEP Connector info and got a list of ConnectedElements.
Is it possible to get the ConnectedElements as before and after the element depended on the flow direction in the system.

Image: No 1 is before, No 2 is the element and No 3 is after. The blue arrows are the flow direction.

Kind regards

Hello Christian,
I won’t have access to a computer for the coming days, so from the top of my head: I believe the ‘info’ port on the node gives you the direction of the connectors. So with that you should be able to figure out the order of the connected elements.
Please let me know if that’s not what you’re looking for, then I will look into it next week.

Thank for your reply.

I will check on that later today and reply with and answer (or more questions :wink: )

3 posts were split to a new topic: Cable Tray By Line Not Working

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on my current predicament tying multiple fittings together. The thread is here:

Hello, I’m trying to use your package with ducts but I encounter a problem with the duct by line node :slight_smile:

Any idea why it wont create the duct ?

Best regards,
AM

1 Like

After the all elements of type node. Try to flatten that list, i believe that the node does not accept a list as an input.

You are feeding it a duct, instead that should be a duct type.

I’m feeding a Duct Type now but i’m still getting no result.

Is it the Mechanical System Type which is wrong ?

Yes, you are right. If you check the type of that node then you will see that it returns a string and that is not what you need in this case.

2 Likes

It’s working !!! Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Hi there,

New to Dynamo and trying to use this tool, I have followed the forum for troubleshooting. Each time I ask the attached to run my computer crashes. Have I currently used the node?

Thanks in advance.

Could it be that you have your graph set to run in ‘automatic’ mode? If so you set it to ‘manual’.

1 Like

That worked! Thanks very much, I now have this network. Do you have any examples of how to create connections (elbows, tee, transitions etc.)?

1562754770524_image|662x500

I am having trouble with the Elements in Connected Network node working intermittently. I’m working in a detached model, so I am the only person in it, and I am changing nothing between tests, and yet it only works half the time. When it works, it works fantastically, but I need this to work reliably over multiple projects. Any suggestions or advice what might make this work regularly?

I did update the node a little while back so you could try downloading a newer version of the package. If that does not resolve anything it would be nice if you could share a test project with that same irregular behaviour so I can do some testing.

1 Like

Hi there,

I have used the Curve to Elbow node to create the attached network, I would like the whole system to be attached this requires adding shoes to branched ductwork.

Is there an established method for doing this? I’ve tried the connect into nodes with no success.

Please find attached my code. Thanks in advance.

And here is what I’m trying to achieve:

You could make use of the ‘Tap.By2MEPCurves’ node: image
It will require some extra work though as you have to specify the main and branch ducts for it to work.