Keynote Tags and Allowable Modeling Range

Anyone else running into this error? I pick Keynote Tags category and try to get All Elements of Category (simple stuff), and I get this error:

Warning: Your inputs lie outside of the allowable modeling range, consider choosing the Large setting with a modeling range between 0.01 and 1,000,000 from the “Settings => Geometry Working Range” dialog

Changing the modeling range of course does nothing.

It seems to be problems with tags only, but not all Tag types.

Room Tags = Yes
Wall Tags = No

I’m able to do this on other project files. What in my Revit project file could possibly be throwing up this error?

I don’t think it matters, but for what it’s worth, it’s a C4R project.

@DanAudette You changed the Geometry Working Range like this and it didn’t help? …

7 Likes

@Vikram_Subbaiah Correct. Though I should clarify that the error changes when I switch to Large or Extra Large Working Range.

Warning: ElementQueries.OfCategory operation failed.
An internal error has occurred.

Would help if you could upload small files that replicate the issue

@Vikram_Subbaiah It must have something to do with the Model being in C4R? I downloaded the file to package it up to share with you, so you could replicate the problem. I decided to test the script again before posting, and the script worked. I tried the model in C4R again, and the script didn’t work.

Seems odd. I’m not sure why the file host would matter. But that’s the only variable I changed.

Anyways, I got what I needed. Thanks.

1 Like