Itemizing List Based on Quantity & Hierarchy

@Daan resolved my earlier query on how to itemize the BOQ into individual rows. Itemizing list based on the quantity - #2 by Daan

I am trying to itemize the BOQ into individual rows & create hierarchical order cycles or repetitions.

Hi @Gideonism,

Quite a fun little list manipulation exercise - Hope the below example of how I approached it makes sense.

The file is here:
DynamoForum.dyn (58.5 KB)

The excel file I was referencing looked like this:

I’ll leave you to work out how to put the data back into excel as there are many other forum posts covering that.

(Sorry, picture now uploaded with node headers etc)
Jake

2 Likes

.dyn came with a corrupted error, so, I recreated it & works just as you have shown. A BIG THANKS & well-done @haganjake2 !! I am sure it is very close to the needed solution. I agree, it is fun with tricky “levels” & strategies. I tried adding & manipulating a few nodes but couldn’t get the result as annotated below.

What version of Dynamo are you using?

Dynamo Core 1.3.4.6666

Ah ok I don’t have that version so cannot downgrade the script for you. You might want to think about changing to version 2.0.3 if you are using Revit 2019 as there are some substantial changes to the program which will affect upgrades between 1.x and 2.x.

See the image below which shows the amended itemising for parts. This means you don’t need to do it again after this step.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Many thanks & well-done @haganjake2, See my result below without upgrading the Dynamo version.

1 Like