Hello everyone, My second post on this forum :). I would like to apply a line based detail component on top of all door and window openings of my floor plans. Please see the attached image. I have created a family (line based detail component) for this purpose, which I have to draw manually into the floor plans. Needless to say, this manual method is untenable for larger projects. So, I would like to be able to automate this using dynamo. Being very new to dynamo and visual programming in general I only think in general concepts, therefor I could really use your help of programming this! Below you can find my general idea of what I think that should happen:
- First I filtered element list by parameter value, result: list of walls
- Then, I was able to get the width of these walls, to be used later to set the width of the line based detail component
- Next, I was able to get all openings in my selection of walls in a list.
This is how far I got, see attachment. The next step I think could be:
- filter the element.insert list for doors and windows (I don’t want e.g. electrical equipment family’s), how to do this?
- somehow get the starting point and end point of the door/window (relative to project or wall?), how to do this?
- somehow draw/insert the line based detail component from previous start point to end point, doing so we would be almost there!
- get the width of the host wall and set this width to the width parameter (instance) of the line based detail component.
Done! The sequence above is just a gut feeling of how I intuitively think it could work, if someone has a much better/faster way of getting things done, I can always modify (e.g. the family could go from line based to filled region, if that would be more convenient for a dynamo solution) I am looking forward to your insights!