I have managed to get my previous graph to work and have a nice clean list of concatenated values. A huge thanks to Salvatore!
What i need to do now, is place these values back into the project families in an empty parameter and Im not sure how to makes sure the right information ends up in the right family.
Here is what i have done so far:
- Used categories - All Elements of Category
- Used Element.GetparameterValueByName
- Created a list
- Filtered out any blank values
- Added a “-” separator to the list
- Collected some project information and used teh above to create a single string
- Joined the two lists together
I now have a nice string of data AAA-BBB-CCC-DDD-00-MECH-PUMP-0001 etc
I now need to add this concatenated data back into the same family that this was collected from. How do i do this? If i use Element.SetParameterByName how do i filter the elements to be the ones that created this data in the first place? Im guessing element ID’s, but i have not idea where to start with or collect the element ID’s for the filtered items
Any help appreciated