Inputs for LoopWhile : to have dynamic x data to loop node actions

Hey all,

I’m trying to figure out the inputs for the LoopWhile node. I think the node you want looped goes into init but when it comes to creating the functions for the other two inputs continueWhile and loopBody I am not so sure

My aim: is to produce multiple Schedules from a list that’s been List.Chop’ed according to per-Schedule.

I have one KeySchedule node and the inputs include : ViewSchedule and Data.

My first loop will be the input to the ViewSchedule.
This is based on the fact that the schedules to write to won’t exist so first I will have a process to use one existing schedule, that is duplicated x times and then looped to feed the ViewSchedule input for KeySchedule.

The second loop will be the input for the Data, I already have all the data organised into sublist structure, so using List.GetItemAtIndex I need the Index number to go from 0…x (and each index will be the data for another schedule)

Click here to go to my other posted Topic on why my View Duplication is not working

On this Topic please focus on what inputs go into:
-continueWhile
-loopBody

Below is a screenshot to illustrate my idea , please ask me questions if its not clear what I’m trying to get out.

In screenshot below, I have attached the LoopWhile to the index input for List.GetItemAtIndex as this is the integer that I want changing. Is this location in the sequence for LoopWhile correct?

For continueWhile = the value is greater than 1, so once it reaches 1 it should go onto the next integer
//// should it be less than or equal to 1? :thinking:
For loopBody = so once it goes onto the next integer it will +1

Ok so solution:

LoopWhile in english is :

init = beginning index
continueWhile = process function until you reach
loopBody = funtion preformed on init

LoopWhile in example below:

init = 0
continueWhile = less than (list count and -1)
loopBody = + 1

So keep adding 1 to 0 until it reaches the length of my list (-1) since I was ending up with 1 too many

4 Likes

Hi @m.yasemin,

I’ve tried your solution, but if i export the results into excel i only get the first and last result.
Do you know how to get the results in between??

Thanks in advance.