I'm having issues with view creation

Hello,

My script decided to go on strike for reasons that are unclear to me. These nodes just appear to not be running, all their outputs are just empty for some reason and some nodes “downstream” say that the script is still in another transaction.

I don’t know too much about transactions so any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

-Thanks

P.S. I have ran this from scratch on a fresh Revit file so there should not have been any thing left over from a previous run.

Looks like you have multiple transactions in one single dyn file. Try to Freeze all the nodes and unfreeze each operation as you go. Other option is to use Transaction.Start and Transaction.End at each operation.

Good Luck!

Ok, luckily a saved a backup that was working not to long ago to roll back to.
This may take a while :neutral_face:

When this portion runs, Revit prompts me if i want to rename corresponding levels and views, I’ve tried hitting both Yes and No however this empty box is always the result which of course breaks the rest of the script.

Can someone explain what is going on here?

-Thanks

Hey,

Your graph is practically art :slight_smile:

I think you will always struggle to debug such a complex structure.

Perhaps if you simplify (maybe using functions and custom nodes) you can clarify where the conflict is occurring?

I get that pop up with renaming a view which ‘owns’ a level (I’m not quite sure exactly how they link)… does that relate?

Hope that’s of interest,

Mark

1 Like

Thanks Mark.

I have created a new thread about the bug that I think I found here:

(I never knew that that’s what those links were, I thought those were signatures)

Simply put dynamo will not create two views in parallel, they have to be done in sequence.

1 Like

Ok I’m at a loss,

I’ve gone through and sequenced the majority of my script,

and I’ve given the view creation nodes a clear execution order (through pass-through nodes) and even made sure that the view creation has its own transaction and yet it still is not working.

Does anyone know of any other nodes that must be ran in a specific order to not cause problems? I am beginning to run out of solutions to try.

-Thanks