HVAC Zones Values

Hello,

I am trying to get the sum of specified supply air flow from spaces that are in a particular zone/s. Then, apply that value to the piece of mechanical equipment in one of the spaces in the zone.

Hi Andrew,

You need to filter the zones. But you didn’t mention how do you want to filter them. Can you be more specific.

Here is what I have laid out so far.

Andrew correct me if i am wrong.

• 2 zones have one fan each? 2 north spaces zone =1 fan, 2 south spaces zone=1 fan

• Your assigning sum of airflow from 2 north spaces zone = 1 fan, sum of airflow from 2 south spaces zone = 1 fan?

• Airflow from spaces = Specified Supply Air flow * Specified Return Air flow?

• In which parameter of Fan you want to assign values?

It would be better if you can put here dyn file and a dummy rvt file. It would be easy to understand.

Thanks,

Here is everything I have been working with Multi Zone Ventilation Calculations Zone Test zones equip Zones. Thank you for your assistance

Were you able to look at the content I posted… to sum it up… If I have three spaces in a zone. I need to get the sum of the supply airflow from all three spaces as one value to place in my mech equipment for that zone.

Hi Andrew,

You didn’t answer to my questions above so i am repeating the questions again down.

{* 2 zones have one fan each? 2 north spaces zone =1 fan, 2 south spaces zone=1 fan

* Your assigning sum of airflow from 2 north spaces zone = 1 fan, sum of airflow from 2 south spaces zone = 1 fan?

* Airflow from spaces = Specified Supply Air flow * Specified Return Air flow?

* In which parameter of Fan you want to assign values?

It would be better if you can put here dyn file and a dummy rvt file. It would be easy to understand.}

However, i have made a sample workflow for you. See below hope it helps.

kulkul, thank you for providing this script. I apologize for not directly answering my question I thought the posted revit files and graphs would help answer. Here are the answers to your questions: 1) there one fan per zone. there are two zones= 2 fans. 2)correct- assigning sum of airflow from spaces in that zone to the fan in the corresponding zone. 3)Only Specified Supply Airflow. Return Airflow is not of concern.4) assign to any parameter for this example (comments). It would be a shared airflow parameter we have in our fans. "Fan (CFM). 5) I did post a dyn and dummy rvt file. Were you able to access them?

I have duplicated your graph with success. My current issue is that I am getting a cross contamination with my list. I have Since added a third zone (core)

Hi KulKul, I have been searching for script to manage HVAC Zones and spaces, with your definition helps alot and thank you for that.

How could I create each Zones with its spaces? and I would love to be exported in Excel.

Thanks

Hi Crush,

You need to install custom package called “Steam nodes”. You need to search for the package in dynamo. Below is an example. Good luck!

Thanks alot Kulkul…

Hi Andrew,
How did you solve of the cross contamination issue?

Jalshu. I did not get this working ultimately. If there is something that does work I would like to see it.