How to use two working ranges at the same time

What should I do if I need to use both the medium and large working ranges? Is it possible to create a range in between the preset ones?
I require the medium range to extract surfaces from doors, so that I can find the midpoint of entrances
I need the large range to work on a space that is 20*35m (or 20000 * 35000mm)

Medium range:0.0001 to 10,000 units
Large range: 0.01 to 1,000,000 units
What I require: 0.001 to 100,000 units

Thank you!

Hi @marcusqwj

Change Geometry Working Range under Settings. To know more about Geometry Range click here.
http://dynamobim.org/think-big-geometry-with-lots-of-zeros/

Hello, thank you for reply. Unfortunately that does not solve my problem. If I set it to medium range, one part of my graph does not work, and if I set it to large range, another part does not work. What I was looking for was a custom range in between medium and large.

@Aparajit_Pratap Can you please help this user?

Thanks,

@marcusqwj you cannot use any in-between range as of now. It looks like you need enough precision to be able to work with objects like doors and windows, so I’m guessing you’ll not need to work with numbers smaller than 0.01mm, would you? If so you should be able to use the “Large” setting for both your requirements since the large setting will let you work within the 0.01 and 1 million mm range, which translates to a range of 1e-5 to 1000 meters, does it not?

However you mention that the “Large” setting does not work for all parts of your model? Could you specify the dimensions of these parts for which it fails?

2 Likes

Thanks for your help. Fortunately, I have figured out a workaround that allows me to use >0.01, so I am able to use the large range.

Hi @marcusqwj,

I have the same Problem, would you mind sharing your workaround? (if you still remember :wink: )