How to trigger when input values of a node are changed

I’m working on a dynamic chart dashboard (somehing like conduit and mandrill) and I would like to understand how I can manage to trigger when input values are changed.

No one is able to give some idea?

I’ve found that once a branch of the graph has been evaluated then it doesn’t revisit even if the immediate inputs change, I think this is by design.

I think the answer to this is period nodes i.e. attach the IsPeriodic attribute to the function and then change the mode in Dynamo to Periodic rather than Automatic or Manual.

The problem I found with period nodes was that because the update was milliseconds by default (rather than a larger time scale such as minutes) the node kept re-evaluating in a shorter time than it took to complete the node function. This caused Dynamo to freeze and I haven’t tried it since.

It would be a good feature to add a default update rate to the IsPeriodic attribute. I’m not sure what the larger update timescales are because I’ve never been able to switch it off milliseconds.

@Cesare_Caoduro3 it looks like you have the run mode set to Manual in your screenshot - if it is set to Automatic then the graph should re-execute downstream nodes when you change any input.

I know is not in Automatic mode but this is not what I’m talking about. If you try Mandrill package, Kornad is able to refresh the chart every time the input values are changed and, this is exactly what I would like to achieve.

Hi @Cesare_Caoduro3 -

If the inputs change, the graph will re execute, and your output should be modified… can you explain why this is not what you talking about?

• if you are writing a UI node, (inheriting from nodeModel) you can call OnNodeModified(true) to force execution of that node.