How to select all elements in a Phase Demolished and move them to a single Workset?

Hi All i’m trying to filter out all elements under the Phase Demolished and assign them to a workset

Here is what i have so far…

PhaseDemo.dyn (10.3 KB)

how do i wire that so that all elements under demolished filter (regardless of category) will be parked under the DEMO workset.

Not sure this is possible. I believe that sections of wall demo’d to insert a door or window (which show up as an element in your list) cannot be assigned a workset as they inherit the workset of the wall which they were originally a part of. Confirm that this is doable manually first as otherwise you may have to figure out how to reduce the selection before you progress to your end goal.

I am only selecting Walls, doors, windows, generic models…etc…
Can do manually yes but i have hundreds of elements to assign to the demo workset.

i don’t need those portions of walls that are “demolished” upon insertion of doors / windows

I believe that your graph has them included as it currently stands, so you may have to remove them via a filter.

You were on a right track. Just do this:

Here’s a definition:

Home.dyn (17.4 KB)

You will need a package called archi-lab.net installed. I have used version 2019.2.6. Good luck!

Ps. I only collected walls, but you know how to replace that part of the graph. Everything else should be the same.

4 Likes

Thanks much @Konrad_K_Sobon, will try this one out and feedback later.

EDIT :
Working perfectly @Konrad_K_Sobon

I want to improve the code and ask the user to pick which categories they need.
like the one shown below but i don;t know how wire the All Elements of Category to UserInput of UI.MultipleForm++

@Alban_de_Chasteigner, @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi
can you help me again here?

Hi @Revit_Noob
You can do it like this :

In this case the “All elements of category” node is equivalent to the list create node in your scenario. It has lists of all elements in each one of the selected categories.

1 Like

Thanks @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi
I’m getting null values…

EDIT :
sorry i overlooked you replaced the Category list.
I followed your code, it’s working fine now.

thank you so much!

Do you have a viable solution that doesn’t use any custom nodes? I’m making a script to run across the company with people who don’t use Revit on the daily and have never touched Dynamo. I don’t want to have to maintain custom libraries and the like. Thank you.

Specifically I am exporting the room names, numbers and locations to excel for conversion into Navisworks Viewpoints. I’ve a script that does all that just fine, but I hit a roadblock the first time I tried running it on a phased project. I’d like to just filter the rooms that do not have a demolition. This will give me existing to remain and new rooms only. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

All archi-lab.net nodes are Open Source. You can see the source code here: https://github.com/ksobon/archilab You could translate the ones you need to Python nodes, and remove dependency on external packages that way.

What replaced the Element.PhaseDemolished node?
I see that Element.PhaseCreated is replaced by Select Phase, which is not helping with demolishing phases. Or am I mistaking?