How to replace empty Space Name cell in Revit Schedule with "Externally Mounted"

For MEP we use Space Name and Space Number as this is a volume, where Architects would use Room Name and Room Number. For the asset schedule above I have simply re-named the Space Name header to read Room Name, as this would be easier for the end user / client to understand.

I would create a new shared parameter set to the mechanical equipment category and use that parameter to store the Externally Mounted value. The reason is this: it is data belonging to the equipment and not the space or room. Space and Room are special Categories in Revit that you shouldn’t mess with.
Now i know where your “:” comes from.

1 Like

Can you do this please? And then look for the parameter that has Space Name and take a screenshot and upload?

Hi firstly I think your should read the Dynamo primer, this is how we all started and will give you a fundamental understanding of Dynamo
http://primer.dynamobim.org/en/

Secondly… Imagine Dynamo and visual programming kind of like the game where you put shapes in holes.
You need to match the shape with the hole, knowing this will make it a lot easier to construct graphs.

And remember to enable “previews” under the individual nodes, this has nothing to do with performance but rather allows you to see what is going on in the node and a “preview” of the output data from the node. The preview is enabled by hovering your mouse over a node and clicking the small thumbtack icon.

2 Likes

Thanks folks, makes sense, as I cant see space name as per kennyb6 graph

So in summary, my asset schedule space name (room) would still remain empty for any externally mounted equipment, but under another separate heading (new shared parameter) it would simply say “externally mounted”

So you cant mess with special categories in Revit!!

The parameter you mentioned is actualy part of the Spaces category.
Don’t mess with it though.

Maybe you can use the Room Calculation Point in your families and stretch it downwards to the point where it intersects the Room or Space.

Thanks m.rijamus, the externally mounted plant and equipment is not within a space as it is outside, but thanks again.

It doesn’t have to be if you stretch the point i think

I think he wants it to say externally mounted, rather than be linked to the nearest space/room. Another option would be to make a space outside the building surrounding it so that the equipment would be located in a space you could name “Externally Mounted”.

1 Like

Kenny,

That was my initial thought on this, but then i would have to create a space around the building for wall mounted lights etc.

I will just have to leave the space name for external equipment as empty.

Thanks again for your help.