How to find if the number which is not in ascending order...?..i need output as bool....please help

How can i find a number if it is not in ascending order(increasing order).

the number should not be less than the previous number, but it can be equal.

i should get bools if the numbers are not in increasing order.

attached a image…there i got all increasing numbers and some are equal.
if the values are dropped it should show bool.

number

Thank you.

hi
you can use ShiftIndices like this example, but sure you must neglect the first value order

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @khuzaimah.ElecEng

i am trying to analyze the Velocity Drop in HVAC System, so i need the item where the velocity drops are.
if i get bools where the value is changing , it will be easier to find where the culprit is…

if i have…

{1,2,3,2,4,5,6}
in this case i should get false or true at value drop from 3-2.

is it possible.

Thank you.

This makes it more confusing as it sounds like it is no longer just a list of bools. Can you show exactly what you want the output to look like? Just put it in a codeblock.

if i understood you well then this will help you

If you use a List.Drop instead of a List.ShiftIndicies there is no need to omit the first item.

1 Like

Python would make quick work of this if you’re willing to try it.

the outputs which i shown are the velocites of ducts from diffuser towards the AHU.

SO I AM TRYING TO IDENTIFY THE VELOCITY DROPS.

I NEED BOOLS TO IDENTITY THE VELOCITY DROPPED ELEMENT.

THANK YOU.

Please give us an example of exactly what you’re expecting. There are solutions here that seem to solve your problem.

It would be nice if you’d show your attempts as well, as this is not a do my work forum :slight_smile:

By using UPSTREAM ELEMEMTS(by selecting the forthest air terminal) node you can get the connected elements towards the AHU.
Then by using GET PARAMETER VALUE node you can extract the velocities.
My 1st post is the output of velocities.

With Best Regards.