How to export multiple sheets with Bumblebee?

Hi,

I need to export two different list in one excel-file.

i try it with BB data and Write Excel. But I have different error there.

I use Dynamo 1.2.1 and Bumblebee 2017.13.2

1 Like

Can’t read the entire error message but I think it may be a list depth issue. Can you put a watch node on the data input? Also try the OOTB node excel.writefile to see if that sheds light on the issue.

Hi,
the Watchnode of “Write Excel”

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 177, in
File “”, line 76, in WriteData
File “”, line 65, in FillData
EnvironmentError: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A03EC): Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x800A03EC
bei Microsoft.Scripting.ComInterop.ComRuntimeHelpers.CheckThrowException(Int32 hresult, ExcepInfo& excepInfo, UInt32 argErr, String message)
bei CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ComObject , Object , Object , Object )
bei System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)
bei CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ComObject , Object , Object , Object )
bei FillData$659(Closure , PythonFunction , Object , Object , Object , Object , Object , Object , Object )
bei lambda_method(Closure , Object , StrongBox1[] , InterpretedFrame ) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run5[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.FuncCallInstruction7.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run7[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,T6,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4, T5 arg5, T6 arg6)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction`7.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

---- the List “BB Data”

IronPython.NewTypes.System.Object_2$2
IronPython.NewTypes.System.Object_2$2

i want to write two different sheets in one excel, with the OOTB after “RUN” Excel open two different files.

can i create two different sheets in one Excel with OOTB “Excel.writeToFile”? i search but could not find help :frowning:

Thank you
Heinrich

I believe that error is implying that either the node is broken (not likely) or an input isn’t right.

Was looking for the results of the list.create node so I could review list depths and structure.

I believe that you should be able to feed a list of sheet names into that node with a matching structure for the data, but I’m unable to test as I’m out of the office for the holiday. Give it a whirl and post if you get an error.

This are results of the “List.Create”

every List separate is OK, i can create two different Excel-Files, no Problem. But my wish is, to create two different Sheets in ONE File.

https://konradsobon.gitbooks.io/bumblebee-primer/content/120_write_data_to_excel.html

1 Like

05.04_TĂĽren_Testn.dyn (70.2 KB)

Thank you,I think, the first Step is run.

but there are other problems, after Run, Excel does not open correct.

I started with a new file in Excel each of the List i can write with OOTB direkt in a Excel-File without a problem.

but this is the screen i see, when i try to open the excel-file after run the dyn :frowning:

Great thanks
Heinrich

I try it next time and solved with OOTB Node. Sorry, for my Postings

1 Like

When Excel opens empty like in the image you posted that means you crashed it. You might have to CTR+ALT+DEL open Task Manager and close the Excel process that might still be running in the background.

I have two questions more :slightly_frowning_face:

• can BB Date/Export use Prepared Excel-Files? (*.xltx, or with Macro *.xltm)???
  • why is excel not open after export?
  • If not, because I have all time Error, with *xlsx it works well, can I use OOTB-Nodes to Export Multi-Sheet-File ? (OOTB write in all Formats and open them after exporting)

Thanks

• I am not sure what you are asking for in the first point. Can you elaborate?
  • Why would you want to open it after export? You can just have it open and push data to it, just don’t supply input for the FilePath and it will look for the first open Excel session.
  • I don’t think that OOTB nodes export multiple sheets at the same time. What errors are you getting? Please post.

I can confirm that the OOTB nodes will write multiple sheets to the same file in one go if the list structure is correct.

1 Like
  • My idea was. to save a file in a central place. with the OOTB Excel-Export I can open a *.xltx - excel start a new File with all Stylings from the *.xltx. I have to save the Excel-File as a new file with extension *.xlsx(normal excel file format)

• i solved it with file copy OOTB-Nodes. Now i create a new file on location of my Revit-file. same Name with Date. Thats perfect for me :slight_smile:

GR
Heinrich

Hi May Sir May I ask why im getting this error when i use bumblebee in dynamo
“IronPython.NewTypes.System.Object_2$2”. Thank you,