How to edit assembly parameters From Excel using Dynamo

Hello, i’ve read all this thread and it was very helpful to me, so first of all thank you!
I have a similar problem, maybe a bit more complex, but you probably can solve it, so please I kindly ask for your help cause i’m really new both to dynamo and civil 3d too.

I’m starting using Civil 3D for roads maintenance purposes, and I need to define a corridor (one single region) with a section made by assembling generic objects that allow the customer to assign them a set of generic alphanumerical data, no matter what shape or function they have. For this purpose I first used Subassembly Composer for assembling 4 *.pkt subassemblies (NR_IRI.ptk, NR_RD.ptk, NR_PCI.ptk and NR_SNeff.ptk), each containing a different numerical parameter representing a physical condition of the road pavement (NR_IRI_Valore, NR_RD_Valore, NR_PCI_Valore and NR_SNeff_Valore). Then I’ve put the 4 simple shaped subassemblies in a row in the cross section and built the corridor.

What I have to do now is to assign a data set with the different values of those parameters, which I know from a previous survey, along the entire alignment with a known step (1 meter, for example). I can do it manually from the Section Editor interface in Civil 3D scrolling section by section, but I need to find an automatic procedure from an excel data set to Civil 3D.

I have to assign known numerical values from a survey campaign, representing different states of 4 performance indexes of the road pavement, along an about 1 km corridor. Therefore my goal is to be able to assign - section by section 1 mt distancing each other - 4 different parameters to 4 subassemblies in the same corridor.
For this purpose I first used Subassembly Composer for assembling 4 *.pkt subassemblies (NR_IRI.ptk, NR_RD.ptk, NR_PCI.ptk and NR_SNeff.ptk), each containing a different numerical parameter representing a physical condition of the road pavement (NR_IRI_Valore, NR_RD_Valore, NR_PCI_Valore and NR_SNeff_Valore). Then I’ve put the 4 simple shaped subassemblies in a row in the cross section and built the corridor.
Now I need to use the excel file (1st column = station, 2nd column = NR_IRI_Valore values, 3rd column = NR_RD_Valore values, 4th column = NR_PCI_Valore values and 5th column = NR_SNeff_Valore values) to assign values of those parameters obtained from a survey campaign.

Sorry for my poor english, I really hope you can help me on fixing and completing this Dynamo script.
Thanks in advance!!! (pls rename files with no exstentions adding .ptk at the end of the name)

NR_IRI.txt (7.7 KB)
NR_PCI.txt (7.7 KB)
NR_RD.txt (7.7 KB)
NR_SNeff.txt (7.7 KB)
NR_Dynamo_Survey.dyn (110.2 KB)
NR_Dynamo_Survey.xlsx (761.0 KB)
DWG file download: Sign in to your account

Best regards,
Nicola

1 Like

Hi
My language is also not good
I hope this helps you
as you understand
Thanks

Q11

NR_Dynamo_Survey-001.dyn (77.0 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind and fast answer. As soon as I will build a simplified dwg model to make faster attempts I’ll let you know how is it going;)
Thanks again!!

1 Like