How to collect elements from links visible on a view in the host model?

Yeah u r right

It showing the linked elements, Sry my mistake

No worries , this node is based on a workaround that will probably show it’s limits at some point. I’m very eager to find out so don’t hesitate if you see something :smile:

1 Like

HI,
I’ve the same problem. I need to collect the walls of Linked model.
I built the script that you have showed in previous replies, ma dynamo shows an “Empty list”.
what could be the problem? Thanks

Does this script works with 3D views? Can’t get it work…

Hope to hear from u!

Same error here. Any news about the Empty List issue?

Hello Mustafa,
Do you know why Getlinkelemeninhostviewandcategory on your package does not work?
I have noticed the inputs in the node are not in the same order as the custom node, could this be related???

hello @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi I tried the nodes of Data-Shapes, and it only works with floor plan views, I want to do it with Axonometric 3D views! Do you know how to fix it? Thanks

I can’t collect elements from sections views. Is the GetLinkeElement.InHostViewAndCategory not compatible with sections or is it me that’s not doing something properly.

Hi @sivin.sivov,

It is possible to collect linked elements in section view with the SelectByCategoryInHostView node from the Genius Loci package.

1 Like

Never worked for me ;(

;(

Hi,

Check that the latest version of the Genius Loci package is installed.
Does the Links Orchid node output a RevitLinkInstance ?

I see that it’s a little old topic but it is exactly what I need and it seems it’s very close. Script for me works in 3D view BUT for some reason it does not takes exactly the elements from the links which are in the Section Box, but it takes them of certain offset (not sure which distance an why actually).

Could be because that Coordinate System in the output?