How could i get a Solid creation upon every end of a Wall at Revit?

Greetings, everyone.

I have consecutive walls, with T and 90º joints.
I want to create a single Generic Model Retangular Solid at every single joint. How do you think that I could achieve it?

Already tried with the wall’s vertical boundary’s lines but it creates two elements and that’s not what i need.

Hi @v.monteiro and welcome show what you had tried

Welcome!

It sounds like you’re headed down the right path but just need to filter duplicates. The UniqueItems node should help with that though you may need to simplify the representation of those joints to something comparable.

This is what i’m trying to achieve.
I’ve done it by making a script where you can choose boundary lines and then it creates with the lenght of the line.

I’m not sure if I follow or not, but I agree with what you’re saying. If you have 6 joints and your graph currently counts each joint twice (once from each wall’s perspective I assume), then you would want to compare those 12 intersections for duplicates. That should give you 6 unique intersections for 6 unique joints.

Hmmm… I don’t know if that should REALLY help.
If there are like 6 wall joints with the height, all of these elements should have the same specs, and i need them 6, not 12 of those, got it?

And just as a note, please refrain from deleting and reposting replies out of order. It makes following the conversation difficult for other people who may be wondering the same thing.

2 Likes

In case of a T intersection, it will create only one element and then that’s ok. But in case of a 90º joint, between 2 walls, it would create two of them, but i only need one, of the highest wall reference.

Correct. So you would need to convert those intersections to something comparable, like the X and Y coordinates, so that you could compare the location of those lines (independent of the length) and remove the duplicate locations. You could still use overall length/height to determine which duplicate to remove.

I think you created a good line of thoughts. I’ll follow, try it out.
So I would pick up the vertical boundaries of all walls, get the Xs and Ys, if they have duplicates, pick the one with the highest Z and exclude the little one. Then, create the elements line based.

I think you created a good line of thoughts. I’ll follow, try it out.
So I would pick up the vertical boundaries of all walls, get the Xs and Ys, if they have duplicates, pick the one with the highest Z and exclude the little one. Then, create the elements line based.

Exactly.

1 Like

I will try it out and get back to tell the end of it.
Thank you.