Grouping Casework by Room Location

Mhmmmmm, If that’s what you need I am game with that, but the output can become troublesome when you transpose it like that. Now you have a list that contains and object and a list and if you try applying some simple function to it, like Object.Name then it will tell you that List doesnt have Name property. You will have to separate them out to operate on Room Object and then on Room contents objects. Tricky, and it will confuse some very beginner Dynamo users. :slight_smile:

konrad, maybe you are right!

in real life i output directly in python to excel / sql

Hi

Does the KOP ‘Family.InRoom’ node work for (model) groups? I’m using Dynamo version 0.7.5.3566 but I couldn’t get it to work.

I’ve also tried the clockwork ‘Room.IsPointInside’ but it is failing too. I thought it might be because the point was coplanar with the room so I tried moving it up but still to no avail. (Btw, is there a move command so I don’t have to deconstruct and reconstruct a point?)

Any ideas on how to do this. I simply want to get the the point of a model group and test if it is inside a room.
Point inside room

Room.PointIsInside just takes a single room as an argument (and a list of points, obviously). If you want to pass a list of rooms, you’ll have to use List.Map on it.

Konrad,

I can’t seem to get the code you posted to work. I like the output you have achieved. But being a very begginer python user, I keep getting errors. Any chance you were going to post this in your Archi-Lab nodes?

-John

Got the code working for the most part. But it seems to be grabbing one family of the category.2015-02-04_09h20_23 2015-02-04_09h21_54

an updated version for Family.InRoom now handles groups too.

will not check if family is part of group (yet)

Hi Peter

I tried ‘Family.InRoom’ with groups but couldn’t get it to work. I’m using Dynamo v 0.7.53566 so not sure of that is the cause as your node is for v 0.7.6

There doesn’t seem to be a category for groups (either detail or model). They only way I could is to use Element Types . Is this correct?

Family In Room

paul, i will publish a custom node for group selection later today

just published groups.select

thanks

John,

There are some new nodes in archi-lab package that will do some nifty checking for elements within rooms. I also added one for checking elements from a linked file as well as obtaining elements from a linked file. They can all be downloaded from archi-lab and examples are here as well: http://archi-lab.net/?page_id=47

elementsFromLinkedFileInRoom elementsInRoom