Getting thermal properties of materials

Hi,
I’m trying to get Thermal properties (i.e. Density, Heat Capacity) of all the walls, windows, roofs and floors in my file. I have been able to access all thermal properties of the materials with two nodes: “Element.GetMaterials” and “Material.ThermalParameters”. But it looks like the parameters shown in the final lists are not in order. I need to filter them by name and export only the values for Density and Heat Capacity to Excel.
I would appreciate if anyone could help me out.

Thank you

Pulled this from the other topic as that one was already solved and only loosely associated.

Sounds as if you have a list managaement issue - have you compared the results for a single element as a stating point?

Thank you for your reply. Yes, for a single element, I simply can use GetItemAtIndex and get the parameters that I need. But I need to to create one final list and manage this list to get the required parameters of the whole project.

Can you post the version which works for a single element? Make sure the wall/floor/whatever has multiple materials in it.

Here is a screenshot:

Hi @aban2735TXSY6

You can filter out this way:

3 Likes

OMG! This was amazing! Thank you very much!

1 Like

@aban2735TXSY6 Please mark the post as solved. You’re welcome!

1 Like