Get Text Type, Counts and Parameters

Hello -

I am looking to simplify this workflow. In the first group I am currently getting all Text Note instances from Revit, sorting and grouping and getting a count of each by category name. In the second group I am getting the Text Note Types and certain parameters also in the second group I am using a countifs and a vlookup to populate an excel file to find duplicate parameters and copy the counts from the first part to the second.

Issues: the excel columns where the countifs and vlookup need to be adjusted depending on how many text note types there are (manually doing in excel)

What is the best way to do this? See screen image and attached dyn file. I can attache the excel if needed.

Thanks,
Jason
Text Testing2.dyn (30.5 KB)

Update:

I am able to take the countifs and vlookup and use a string.replace node to change the cell number to a number based off of the counts, the only manual work I have to do is to click and drag the top row of cells down to get excel to extend the series.

Thanks, Jason

Hi @Jason_Trahan

If you use Bumble Bee package you don’t have to do manual anything :slight_smile:

https://konradsobon.gitbooks.io/bumblebee-primer/content/120_write_data_to_excel.html

Thanks, Ill take a look and post back any results…

@Kulkul Here is an updated file. I couldn’t figure out Bumble Bee for the countifs and vlookups but figured out a way to do with lists. I would like to change the color column to an actual color fill in excel but need help with bumble bee… @Konrad_K_Sobon

I’m sure there is a way to do this correctly, faster, etc but for now it gets me what I want.

@john_pierson this is what I needed the list creation based on count for…

Thanks for all of the help!

Text.dyn (62.2 KB)