Geometry.Intersection: Feature or Bug;

If I generate curves by intersecting planes and geometry (see image) then the curve created at Z=0 (coincident with the volume bottom plane) seems to have different parameters than those that follow. Can someone please confirm?

Thanks, Peter

Swap the inputs in Geometry.Intersect

2 Likes

Ok - that’s a solution, thanks. Any idea why that should make a difference?

I suppose the orientation of the geometry has priority over the entity
The normal of the bottom surface of the solid is opposite and the surface obtained as a result of intersecting it probably inherits that orientation.

Just checked and you’re right. This means that for some reason the bottom surface has priority over the side surfaces. If I generate the curves by intersecting just the sides and the planes then the points do line up - regardless of how they are connected to Geometry.Intersect.

As an aside, I also see that the direction of the curves are not always consistent - I get odd results using offset - see image.

1 Like

I also see that the direction of the curves are not always consistent

Maybe this is related to this bug: Polycurve.Offset not always in right direction · Issue #5477 · DynamoDS/Dynamo · GitHub

Needs a direction point…which I’ve requested! In the meantime SpringNodes has an offset with a direction point.