Geometry Intersect results come out as "line" but not "solid"

Greeting. I encounter a issue when I am making Geometry Intersect task between Wall and MEP element.

As the picture shown above, I expect all outcome of the Geometry Intersect is "Solid’, however some of the results come out as “line”.

This is the first time I met this kind of weird thing. Does anyone know what the reason is and how to fix it. Thank you

1 Like

Hi @TCKEAHY

You can avoid by using Remove.IfNot node after Geometry.Intersect node to remove Line intersecting objects.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Hi…you could try element.solid instead of element.geometry

I can’t seem to replicate the line output, even with duct/pipe placeholder elements. Can you show the upstream previews related to that intersect?

I suppose I should ask: is the intersected MEP element a pipe/duct or is it an accessory/fitting/equipment with line-based components?

1 Like

The Geometry includes Pipe, Duct, Cable Tray and Wall these 4 Category, but not includes fittings

Actually my meaning of “how to avoid” is to ensure all geometry changes to “solid”. If I use Remove.IfNot, some intersect case maybe missed.

What is the resulting intersection when a round duct is placed directly on the wall and run parallel to the wall?

Ah, there we go.

In the case where the pipe is aligned to the wall surface, a line intersect gets produced.
In all other parallel instances of geometry overlap (same size pipe as wall, smaller pipe, bigger pipe), a solid is produced.

Edit: And for a duct in contact you’ll generate the four lines that define the edges of the contact.

1 Like