Fire Damper Placements

I am fairly new to dynamo and am trying to duplicate a script I got and am having trouble with typing the script in a code block, I did a little research and seems to Dynamo 2, they updated the flatten command and I can’t figure out how to revise the scripting in order for it to operate properly. I would appreciate any help, tahnks!!!

Capture

I forgot to mention that I get the following warning; “Warning: List.Flatten expects argument type(s) (var, int), but was called with (var, var).”

Hi @ben_janik

Could you please drop here dyn file?

Try changing DSCore.List.Flatten(Walls.Geometry()); to DSCore.List.Flatten(Walls.Geometry(),-1);

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply, as requested please see attached dyn file.

Thanks,

Ben

HVAC_ Fire Dampers_Placing Dampers.dyn (67.5 KB)

Thanks for the fast reply. I made the change as suggested and now am getting a new warning; "Warning: Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer.” I responded to the first post and uploaded the dyn file.

Thanks,

Ben

image001.jpg

Hi @ben_janik

Try this file HVAC_ Fire Dampers_Placing Dampers(For Ben).dyn (66.6 KB) I have fixed all the error’s now.

Just FYI, Dynamo will give you the inputs and types for the method as you type it.

1 Like

Thanks for all the help, I’ll have to try to figure out why I can’t get it to place dampers

Thanks for that idea, will help in learning writing script inside of the code block if I can learn it