Filtering down drafting views

Hi All

new to dynamo, I have a graph that selects drafting views & the elements on those views & copies them across into my project, was just wondering is there a way to filter these down so instead of bringing in ALL the drafting views I can select specific views to bring across i.e certain schematics & details, any advice be appreciated. below is a snippet of my graph.

kind regards

john

Yes. Check out Data-Shapes. It has nodes for a user interface and would allow you to select the views you want manually.

3 Likes

thanks I will take a look

Could also select all drafting views and filter to views of a certain type with a filter by book mask. Or filter by views on sheet. Orā€¦ well there are 100s of ways but we need more info about your workflow if datashapes doesnā€™t work for you.

Why not just use revitā€™s ā€œinsert view from fileā€ function?

1 Like

Could be a speed/frequency thing. Every job of this type needs all 300 of these views, but every view of that type needs those 300, and so on. Having a pre-set list for the one reference file would certainly speed things along.

Of course. If you have such a specific project type that requires 300 set drafting views then having those views in a project template says no extra work at all. :slight_smile:

Except for the need to manage the various combinations of templates. One detail file to rule them all! Wood partitions/metal stud partitions, steel pan stair/ concrete stair/ wood stair, composite deck/ concrete deck/ precast deck/ wood framed deckā€¦ you can see how quickly these add up and deleting 3x drafting views so you can keep the x you want is time consuming.

Hi guys

thanks for your replies been a busy weekend an never got on to check posts, but much appreciated will check out all your info & will hopefully get things working will post back with progress, basically I have a list of drafting views with schematics that we use within out projects set up within another file, most of them we donā€™t use all the time so am looking to be able to identify the views I use most & copy across into my working file without having to bring them over all of them which this workflow graph does at the moment, I know I could use ā€˜insert from fileā€™ but this is more of a task set by my employers to start to automate some repetitive practices we use at the moment.

kind regards

john