Filter By Type Parameter

Hi all

I’m very new to Dynamo.

I’m trying to get all the doors in my project that have a comment type with a given value.

My ultimate goal is to export a “Schedule” to Excel, but I’m taking it a step at a time…

I tried the Black Box package “Filter by type param value” but to no avail- i guess I’m doing something wrong…

see attached file.

using Revit 2015 and Dynamo 0.8.1.1823

Thank,

Gal
filter by type parameter

My first guess would be to get rid of the Family.Name and FamilySymbol.ByName nodes and plug the All Elements of Category node directly into the elements input of the filter.

It worked, thanks a lot!!!

But I hit the wall the very next move…

after filtering the list, I’m trying to get the actual value of the parameter, but instead the list I get has no values in it.

Any ideas?

Thankselement get parameter value by name

Type comments is a type parameter, so you need to get the family type of the instances in your list.

You can di that like in the attached pic

SetFamilyTypeParameter

thank!

So with your help I managed to get the information I need to Excel.

Now the problem is that the list is not “itemized”, meaning a have a row for each instance.

what i would like to get is instances grouped by a certain paramter (type), and quantities for each instacne.

(so many words to describe a simple schedule…)

is there a way to do that in Dynamo, are do I have to resort to Excel formulas?

thanks again

Gal

Grouping elements has been discussed here on the forum a number of times. I recommend you do a search for “group”, “grouping” and/or “groupbykey” first.

Getting the quantities would then be fairly easy with List.Map and List.Count …

I would also recommend checking out the new BumbleBee package by Konrad Sobon which greatly enhances Dynamo’s Excel capabilities.

Thanks!