Fillet curves

Hello Dynamo Community :slight_smile:

Can you tell me what is wrong with this one?

0 Likes

can you please give some more background on what you are trying to do?

0 Likes

I would like to join these curves with fillet. Is is possible?

0 Likes

Can you try it on one pair of curves first?

0 Likes

it still gives me the same error :\

0 Likes

And you’re sure those are intersecting curves? Can you show us the geometry preview?

0 Likes

This looks like the shape is a spiral correct? You may need to filter the curves to find pairs that intersect at 90 degrees sequeentially before feeding them to the fillet node. Can you upload the dyn or a test file?

2 Likes

So i need to join these lines (or they need to be crossed), before i can use use fillet? (In autocad evasive lines could join by fillet)

0 Likes

It’s not that simple, please look at the picture i uploaded. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Perhaps if you get the curves of the geometry, then join them into a polycurve for a start. Then calculate where the start points for the individual curve occur along the polycurve to be able to sort the individual curves into sequence. Then deconstruct that list to feed the fillet node. Is that clear?

1 Like

Hi @akos90

2 Likes

Thank you for the answers i really appreciate it! But look again on my second picture i uploaded. :smiley: i think i’m going to connect the end and start point of the lines to create it, i just wanted to know that, is there an easier way to do it. Sorry if you misunderstood my question. (Floorheating spiral)

0 Likes

I think we need a screenshot of the entire graph, not just a screenshot of the geometry and the error producing node. Please do a camera export and post that, or the raw Dynamo file and any necessary files (i.e. A Revit file with the slab to receive the radiant heat tubing).

0 Likes

Yes, please post some reference content.
For clarity, the image you posted.
On the left, the input geometry?
On the right, the output geometry with fillets required at the highlighted locations?
If this is the case, reducing spiral sorting around a central attractor will need to be done before creating the aforementioned polycurve.
Similar to this.

0 Likes