FAQ: Can’t start Vasari

I think we need a Geforce Quadro 7000 :))

it easy way but too hard to rich!

yes indeed revit works well, but vasari....

To those that have reported issues with graphics card drivers, have you tried running any of the Revit 2013 products on the same PC? Not that you NEED Revit to run Vasari, but it will help rule out graphics card if Revit works and Vasari does not.

I'm getting the same startup problems as Erich, and virtually the same report in the Journal.txt file. Personally I'm running Win7 64bit with a Radeon HD 6800. I've followed the previously suggested file deleting/renaming tips, but those hadn't worked either. Signs definitely point to there being an issue with the newer cards. I don't feel up to the task of unistalling and reinstalling my card under a previous build, so I guess I'd like to also advocate for the good folks of Autodesk to take a look at this issue. Thanks!

it is because of the new ati-driver, take an older driver (check earlier post).

some times it`s depend on Video card of your system.my experiences: ATI Radeone HD 4890 on my Pc vasari didn`t worked but my laptope by Geforce 9600M GT it`s work nice!

It could be that download from a network drive negates the "digital signature" and makes the .exe file seem a little sketchier to whatever your local anti-virus is. Kind of a lonshot, but I've seen weirder.

Ian, that is very curious. So The only difference is the non working files were copied from a network drive? That really should not matter. I wonder if something else is going on. Anyway, glad it is working.

Zach, I just went through a bit of strangeness, and letting you know for the record. I went through all of the above after using the latest vasari beta 1.0 and today it decided not to launch on 4 different machines i tried it on except 1. Then discovered they were using Vasari from the desktop but copied from a central drive. Vasari could launch when I downloaded the file direct and ran it from the download folder. Bit of a pain for large scale deployment but happy we cracked it.

i used all the steps and vasari still crashing.... help!!!!

Thanks for the investigation Erich. We will let folks know about this.

finaly i found a solution for my problem: it has definitely something to do with the new driver from AMD (releasedate 15.08.2012).

first i uninstall the the new driver (Geräte-Manager/Grafikkarte/ATI Mobility Radeaon HD 4670-Eigenschaften then Treiber, Deinstallieren. it is really important to check the box something like "delete driversoftware).

then i install the old driver (releasedate: 17.08.2009, Version 8.632.1.2000).

now everything works perfect again. but i can´t use the new driver, i dont know if it makes sense to write it in this forum but it would be nice if somebody at autodesk could take a look at it...

hope it helps a little, sorry for the german link but my Win. is german and i dont know the correct translation in win.

Here is my journal .txt file too:

' 0:< Exception occurred

'C 30-Aug-2012 19:37:42.604; 0:< ExceptionCode=0xc0000005 ExceptionFlags=0x00000000 ExceptionAddress=5AA35A21

' 0:< System (MB) [Available / Total ] [Revit Memory Usage (MB) ]

' 0:< RAM Statistics: 1403 / 4029 23=InUse 78=Peak

' 0:< VM Statistics: 3172 / 4095 260=InUse 275=Peak

' 0:< unhandledExceptionFilter is executed in a non-main thread (id = 2700, tag = <blank> : [was ]).

I have the same problem, Vasari close automatically when I try to start, I just can see the interface for one sec. My system is W7 64bits, and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650. Seems that the problem is with ATI video cards. Vasari started failing on my computer, if I remember well, since v1.5. Anyway I don't know if it was problem of my new drivers or the new version of Vasari.

I hope you can solve it, or give us a solution.

Hello, I have the same problem. If I start VasariBet1.exe (on Desktop) the Vasari Interface is poping up and after around 1 second its closing itself. I tried all your suggestions, and still nothing... My System is a Windows 7, 64 Bit with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 with the newest driver from AMD.

i used the old vasari versions before on this system but with older drivers, and everything was fine, since i formated my c-drive and downloaded the vasari beta (twice), it is not working, so maybe it can be because of a new driver (dont have the old one to check it :/).

It would be really nice if you could help because I really like Vasari and my professors at the university love the results...

Yes, I have the same problem.
I tried all the suggestions, but nothing.
I downloaded the latest version "VasariBeta1.exe" ... and have reported errors.
I've had this problem also with previous versions ...
I look forward to your response.
regards

I dont have that line in my Revit.ini

Anyway i added UseGraphicsHardware=0 to the Revit.ini file.

Didnt work, it does the same, closing suddenly a couple of seconds after the UI is fully loaded.

Edit: Found this in journtal txt file, it may help...

'C 09-Aug-2012 11:57:16.110; 0:< ADialog::doModal stop
' 0:< Exception occurred
'C 09-Aug-2012 11:57:18.425; 0:< ExceptionCode=0xc0000005 ExceptionFlags=0x00000000 ExceptionAddress=611D5A21
' 0:< System (MB) [Available / Total ] [Revit Memory Usage (MB) ]
' 0:< RAM Statistics: 5229 / 8191 3=InUse 94=Peak
' 0:< VM Statistics: 3182 / 4095 262=InUse 287=Peak
' 0:< unhandledExceptionFilter is executed in a non-main thread (id = 5708, tag = <blank> : [was ]).

Try this. Browse to this folder

C:Users<yourusername>AppDataLocalSpoonSandboxAutodesk Revit20120504_2330MODIFIED@APPDATA@AutodeskRevitAutodesk Project Vasari

Change the <yourusername> to whatever your user name is. Edit Revit.ini and find this line:

UseGraphicsHardware=1

change it to:
UseGraphicsHardware=0

This will turn off hardware acceleration.

Hello Zach,

Same problem here: ATI Radeon 4870 X2

Hope you can find a solution in next updates. :)

ATI Radeon HD 5450