Exporting to multiple sheets in a single Excel Export

I’m trying to combine 2 different excel export graphs into a single graph by way of 2 different sheetnames under the shared single new excel file path. They previously worked as 2 independent dynamo graphs exporting to 2 different excel files. When I try to combine them into one graph that exports to 2 different sheets within the same new excel file, only one sheetname gets created.
I tried doing combining the two of them into 1 consolidated sheet using list.join but that didn’t work either. Please see below. Any guidance from the community is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Revit2016_Dynamo1.3_ExportDWGLinksImportsList RevitLinks_toExcelWithoutOpeningRvt.dyn (18.3 KB)

1 Like

Hi @daniel.tran,

The Passthrough node from Clockwork allows you to decide the order of the operations.

Solution 1 = 2 Sheets :

ExportDWGLinksImportsList RevitLinks_toExcelWithoutOpeningRvt Solution 1.dyn (27.4 KB)

Solution 2 = 1 Sheet :

ExportDWGLinksImportsList RevitLinks_toExcelWithoutOpeningRvt Solution 2.dyn (23.0 KB)

3 Likes

Solution 1 = 2 Sheets worked for me!!!
Thanks so much

quick question: In Solution 2=1 Sheet, what is the code block node with " "; for?
Why wouldn’t you just have the 2 lists going into the List.Join node?

The codeblock adds a blank row to separate the CAD and Revit files in the Excel worksheet.

1 Like

You can use a Bumblebee package like so:

That will write the values to two (2) sheets at the same time without having to access the Excel file twice.

6 Likes

This works great! If I’m creating new worksheets with new names, is there a way to delete the default worksheet called “Sheet1”?

Thanks,
Scott