Elevation marker location (XYZ)

Hey all
So, this is part of a much bigger graph.
I have a graph that will generate a single elevation marker inside a room with 4 elevation views turned on, this section works well.
I am now trying to have the elevations named depending what room they are in. After reading this post: Python - Getting XYZ from Location
thenks to @Dimitar_Venkov i was able to get the xyz of a single elevation marker, which i expanded to get a list, but it is not working as expected 100% of the time.
I am trying to have it collect all the elevation markers, and report back their XYZ coordinates, and then find out if the points are within the room boundary. Once i have this i will be able to figure out the rest.
See attached Dynamo file as my work in progress and a test Revit file to use.
I think it may be to do with the “GetViewId()” section, as i can only seem to input a single view index, but all my markers have 4 views (index 0…3) so am unsure how to process this.
I’m newish to python so the node may not be perfect, so be gentle :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks in advance for any help
Get elevation location.dyn (8.2 KB)
Test Room elevations.rvt (1.1 MB)

Hi @Alisder_Brown,

Here is another possible way using custom node “BoundingBoxByElements” from Clockwork package to get locations of elevation markers.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Kulkul

I will have a look at using something like this into my Graph when im back in the office on Wed.

:slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Create Elevation by Rooms