Edit object style names?

Hi All!

I am attempting to pull all object styles, filter them by those containing a prefix, alter the prefix, and then rename the object style. I seem to be hitting a wall where my element.setname node returns null values for both success and fails. Any thoughts?
Here is what I have so far:

I’m hoping to get pointed in the right direction, Thank you all for looking!

Hi @GJax89

You need to connect Revit.Elements to Set the names. Currently you’re feeding as string. Add another FilterByBoolMask node and feed Graphicstyles output to List.FilterBoolMask IN and MASK will be List.Map. You should be good to go then.

Hi @Kulkul,

I appreciate the direction, But I am getting the same result of “null” for success and fail, have I misunderstood your guidance?
Please see updated dynamo:

I moved some of the watch nodes so that the updates you suggested would be more clear in I messed it up.

After some tweaks, I am getting closer, I at least get a list for “Fail” output now, But fiddling with it from here doesnt end in anything being a “Success”. Anyone have any ideas to point me in the right direction?
Here is the updated script:

Hi All,

I’m still hitting a wall here. I’m not sure why the script isn’t working. Does anyone have any ideas?
It is still as shown above, as everything I have tried has either resulted in double null outputs, or no changes.

GJax89,

I am looking to do the same thing you were attempting. Did you have any breakthroughs with your script?

ObjectStyleRenameV1.dyn (28.8 KB)
I honestly don’t remember if I got this to work or not, but here’s what I have, hope it helps.

Did this script end up working for you?