Please try to decompress using 7 Zip. Let me know if it works for you

2 Likes

Could you solve ?, I have the same problem

1 Like

What is your Dynamo version?

2 Likes

Yes, that was my problem. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, did you get to a solution here? Is it graphics Nvidia card settings? Having the same issue

1 Like

I am getting the error “Warning: Solver.Create operation failed. Oh no, DynaShape could not get access to the Helix ViewModel. Sad!”

I am using Dynamo with Revit 2019.2. I have tried downloading several times and unzipping with 7-Zip but nothing has worked.

1 Like

Try it using DynamoSandbox, the only additional package being MeshToolkit.
Also check if all .dll’s are unblocked.

1 Like

Hi.

Can you please go to the DynaShape package folder and then the "extra’ folder and take a screen shot for me as follow:

We need to make sure that the file DynaShape_ViewExtensionDefinition.xml is there

The next step is go up by one level and go to the “bin” folder, then right click on the DynaShape.dll file and choose properties and make sure that it is unblocked (if it is currently blocked, you will see a button that says “unblock”)

Bests

Long

|

1 Like

1 Like

Thank you for the help. Both .dll files were already unblocked; I am still getting the error.

1 Like

I notice from your screenshot that you are still on Dynamo 1.3. The latest version of DynaShape is no longer compatible with Dynamo 1.3 (that’s why you got the error message " DynaShape could not get access to the Helix ViewModel)".You will need to upgrade your Dynamo to 2.1 at least

2 Likes

Hi, i thank you, this package is amazing.

I have one small problem, i have a surface, lets say a complex one, and i need to put this regular triangle on in, so that i can then panneling the surface.

i really cant undestand how to use the package for that porpouse

thank you

1 Like

This is generally a hard geometric problem.

Generally, there is no “perfect” solution for this problem. DynaShape can only help in some way.

One of the simplest strategy is to allows some gaps (openings) between the panels

Similar to this one: (the picture shows square but we can use a triangular pattern as well)

Of course you can fill in the gaps using smaller triangles.

Another strategy is to “form-find” the surface, rather than starting with a given surface and then try to break it to triangles.

3 Likes

Hi Long,

I am new to this software and am using Dynamo 2.5 on REVIT 2021. I keep receiving the following error message when I attempt to open and review your example documents.

What do you think could be the problem, and what do you suggest I do to rectify it?
Thank you so much for your time and effort.

All the best,
Daniel

1 Like

I will need some more information to know what the problem is.

Looks like DynaShape was not installed or not installed properly at all. Do you DynaShape appears at all in the left panel of Dynamo?
|

1 Like

Thank you so much for getting back to me Long, I followed all of the steps given. What other information would you like me to provide you?
Thank you, I Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Daniel

1 Like

Please can you share a screenshot of your Dynamo window. I need to see if DynaShape even appears on the left panel

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah it appears that DynaShape is not available for some reason. But I have been trying to unblock the dll files to no avail.

1 Like

I have managed to get DynaShape installed properly, and now am receiving this error message.

1 Like