DynaShape

can you try upgrade Dynamo to a later version (but  2.7 or newer)?

|

1 Like

I have downloaded the Dynamo Sandbox file and extracted to the desktop but i am having trouble installing it to REVIT. Is this the right update and how should I proceed. Thanks again.

1 Like

These are my present errors

1 Like

1 Like

@ da4446fo-s I got some time to look into this issue today. Indeed there was a bug in Dynamo 2.5 that causes MeshToolkit to fail to load. I was not aware of this bug because it is not directly related to DynaShape.

What is your Dynamo Revit version in the latest two screenshots that you showed above?

1 Like

Hi,
Im using latest dynashape version and I’m trying to get DynaSpace example script to work, but it seems to get constant error with Engine.Create node. “Engine.Create operation failed. Input string was not in a correct format”. It reads csv-file as seen in picture. I tried also do some input strings and lists manually with same issue. In WorkspaceDependencyViewExtension, it gives red “DynaShape 0.5.2.0” warning. Is this 0.6.2.0 version DynaSpace still working? Im running Revit 2020.2 with dynamo 2.3 and tried it with Dynamo sandbox 2.1 version too with same result. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi

Did you modify the csv file that comes with the DynaSpace example?

Bests

Long

|

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. No, I didnt modify csv-file. It is the exact same example file untouched which gives that error. But right after your answer I tried to make exact same values as string manually as in csv-file and finally got my first circle here! So it is csv-file issue here. Something to do with numbers and strings maybe? Nulls? Or could , and ; differences in windows list settings cause original csv-file not to work? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

I got it to work now. I had to fill all empty cells in csv with “0” and set cell type to “text”.

1 Like

Dynamo sample scripts are not found.
The download URL on the GitHub is invalid.
Can you re-upload the files?
Thank you.

1 Like

I downloaded the sample scripts from the overview of this topic.
I had missed it.

1 Like

Hi @LongNguyen,

First of all, thanks for the great package :slight_smile: I have a few questions regarding DynaSpace.

1. Is there an update for the DynaSpace nodes since the last posting in 2019 (Space planning in Dynamo with DynaSpace - Dynamo BIM)?
  2. If there is an update, are the other columns besides Department, Area, Adjacent Spaces now have an effect on the nodes how they come up with the solution?
  3. What’s the logic behind the engine? Is it summing up the adjacency line lengths and getting the result where the length is the shortest?
  4. And are you planning to keep developing these nodes further?

Thank you!
Soo

1 Like

DynaSpace was an experimental project and we still want to develop it further. Would be nice if you can tell us which features that you would like us to add in the future?

1 Like

Hi @LongNguyen! :slight_smile:
It would be nice if there’s more explanation on the logic behind the engine so we can ask for additional feature if needed. Right now, it’s hard for us to confirm if the result is valid or not. I know it’s in experimental stage so we won’t be able to use it on real projects, but if we know the logic, it would be easier for us to know what to expect!

The high-level logic is as described here in this 2019 blogpost Space planning in Dynamo with DynaSpace - Dynamo BIM :slight_smile:

Hi @LongNguyen,

Just wondering if I am missing something really obvious here but I am unable to get Dynashape (or DynaSpace) to show up in the Dynamo 2.10 (for Revit 2022 & Sandbox) interface at all? No problem with Dynamo 2.6 in the latest version of Revit 2021 though. I have just tried with the latest update via the package manager & by downloading the zip from https://dynamopackages.com/ but no luck - is this expected?

Did you extract the zip via 7zip or with the built in windows tool? If the built in tool was used each dll will. Red to be unblocked manually by right clicking, opening the properties, and clicking unblock.

Thanks @jacob.small - so I used 7zip after unblocking the zip file. Nevertheless, I get the same result when using the built in package manager? The package is showing as being installed (in Manage Packages) and I can confirm that it is in the %AppData/Roaming/Dynamo/DynamoRevit/2.10/packages folder … In fact I tried uninstalling it from Dynamo 2.6 in Revit 2021and copying the folder(s) across and it showed up and worked so don’t think it’s a problem with blocked .dll’s ??

FYI - I had the same behavior with the previous version of DynaShape as well - i.e. only showing up in Dynamo for Revit 2021 and not for the Sandbox versions. Really want to get to the bottom of this as I wanted to move all my work over to 2.10 to take advantage of the updated Python support …

It’s also really frustrating because I want to use DynaSpace in the latest sandbox version as well.

Hi. Because of the new way the background viewport works in Dynamo 2.7 (or newer), DynaShape now has to exist in two variants, one for 2.6 and one for 2.7-or-newer.

We have not made any official announcement about this change yet because most people still use 2.6 and Dynamo for Revit is still based on 2.6. But if you are a sandbox user then you can download either variant here.
https://rebrand.ly/ds1

1 Like

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me here. I have already tried installing the latest version (0.7.30) via the package manager and from Dynamo Packages is this the version for 2.7 and later? I am successfully running that version in 2.6 for Revit but it’s not showing in either the Sandbox (2.11) or Dynamo for Revit 2022 (2.10).

It’s not a massive problem as I can continue to use Dynamo in Revit 2021 for now, but we will be updating the software portfolio at the Uni I work at over the summer and that might change then.

That link times out for me by the way …

Thanks