Dynamo to Revit - Clash Sphere Data

yes we would be the same ( always shared Coordinates) , just cant get script to work with shared, works fine with internal, checked units in both etc (fyi i am new to dynamo)

2 Likes

Hi Rallan,

I have the same issue. But when exported the NWC using ā€œProject internalā€, Points are good.

Thanks Rallan & Bill_Mutert for sharing your files.

I made a graph using yours, but to read the XML direct, save time in mapping XML to Excel.
(Graph & Full example file attached)

Read XML & Clash Sphere

Hope this will help othersā€¦I am planning to make a workflow to send this sphere in a revit file for other parties to see clash in Revit & Once resolved, send a Schedule back to me with comments.

1 Like

Hi following the above i can do all except split the list generated
it seems to do this
Help!
thanks!

fixed it it was my lacing thanks!

[Uploadingā€¦] hai all, i am using same method but i have problem with unit value

What contents do you extracts from navisworks to get this information into excel

Struggling to re-create

Clash Detection Workspace.dyn (41.3 KB)
Book1.xlsx (14.1 KB)
Clash Sphere.rfa (296 KB)

Cant seem to get it working? where am i going wrong?

1 Like

sorry just seen this
we have started looking at more efficent workflows bim track etc.

where are you up to on this?

we bought a plug inā€¦
:slight_smile:

Hi @RAllan I am struggling to make it work, could you please help me out? I have errors saying that the value cannot be negativeā€¦

thanks in advance

Jose

Hi All,

Has anyone got a way to make this work when using shared coordinates in the Navisworks and Revit. We have multiple models from other consultants and can only use Shared coordinates because people have different internal systems.

Edit - Is there a way inside Navisworks to change how it exports the XYZs?

Thanks, Simon

1 Like

I donā€™t believe that there is a way to alter the coordinate export from Navisworks- it just has one coordinate system

Your best bet would be to translate the coordinates (between internal and shared systems) in Dynamo- there are a number of posts on this forum on this topic

Andrew

1 Like

Hi Everyone!

OK, so i know that we have a few options by now regarding this, BIM360 and BIM Track,however, I would still like to be able to make use of the spheres as this would be nice for a team to indicate on plan an d markup.

I have attached a couple of items.

1. I have recreated the dyn of @RAllan - which for some reason is having problems at the point coordinates and Units. This creates some spheres but not all of them and very far from the actual model.

2. The dyn of @pgnz , this one works well but Iā€™m having the same trouble regarding the location of the spheres and the projectā€™s coordinates.

3. The Excel document using the XML

The Nvasi files were created using Autodeskā€™s Advanced Sample projects. I did the following to them:

5a. Corrected all Levels and grids between the arch, mep and struct models.

5b. Moved the project base point to the same location in each file.

5c. Shared coordinates between all three files.

Some screen shots if the issue in revit.

I would highly appreciate if someone could take a look at these and possible tell me where its going wrong?

If this topic is still alive and well, the dyn being used in someoneā€™s office with good success?

Book1.xlsx (48.6 KB) Navis to Revit with Dynamo.dyn (1.1 MB) Navis to Revit with Dynamo-2.dyn (53.2 KB)

Hi, Klein. Try referring to this tutorial by Aussie BIM Guru. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRzWUCReqkc Start @18:55 on how to fix the coordinate issue. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Hi guys!!!

is there any way to find the point of intersection between a pipe and a structural frame without using the navis?

Use the Interference Check inside of Revit. It is located on the Collaborate tab.

Yes, just double-check that your project requirements donā€™t mandate the use of Navisworks.

You can pull the Geometry for the Structural Frame (should be a collection of Solids) and the GetLocation for the Pipe (should be a line). A Geometry.Intersect of the two lists with cross product should provide a list of collision points.

1 Like

Hello @Robert_Younger !!!

Iā€™m try the cross product between pipes and structural framing, but itā€™s not working.

I think it may be due to the difference in height ā€œZā€!!! but Iā€™m not sure!

Can you make a new thread to continue this topic? Best not to gum up an old one if itā€™s not directly related.

EDIT: I made a new thread here
Clash Detection - Collision points/centroids

2 Likes