Dynamo to Revit - Clash Sphere Data

@KFSam

Hey Sam,

Glad you are finding the tool useful. Ill try to answer your questions best I can;

1. My excel spreadsheet looks different. It has each clash written twice (ie: Clash 1 has 2 cells dedicated to it (one for each item in the clash)). Im not exactly sure why your excel document is only pulling each clash once, but mine has always pulled 2 clashes for each clash # (as you can see below).

Which leads to your question…

1. I use the everynthitem node and string “2/-1” into it because I wanted it to only pull 1 of 2 of the clashes for each object. ie: My clash 1 has 2 cells dedicated to it. The everynthitem will remove one of those cells so that its only pulling information for one of the objects for each clash rather than creating 2 spheres at each objected dedicated to the clash

2. Something tells me that by fixing the above 2 steps, it will fix the placement of your clash sphere in the project. I could be wrong, but if you manage to fix the above, let me know if it does fix question 3.

@Bill_Mutert, out of curiosity as part of your massaging (1b) do you remove every other clash? Or when you export your .xml file, does it export 1 row per clash? I’m trying to see if there is a setting when exporting from Navisworks, that will only list each clash once.

I do not remove that data personally, and i use nodes to make it skip every other line (less work needed per .xml document)

Yeah, I used Bill’s script as a starting point. After tweaking it a bit, it’s still giving me grief. I think I’m going to recreate yours from the image you posted.

1 Like

The Navis clash report ends up creating many duplicate element IDs for some reason, I usually filter these duplicates in Excel before running the script.

@KFSam I think I figured out why you are only getting one row per clash, I had this same problem. When you map the elements to the cells, if you bring them in one at a time, it will remove duplicate values. You can map multiple elements at the same time by holding in ctrl. If you do it that way you will have a name, x, y, and z for each value.

Have any of you tried bringing in spheres from multiple files? Every time I run it, it does away with the old spheres, there has to be a way to keep them.

In order to save the spheres from the first clash, you must save your revit project, close it (i believe you need to close the revit project, but you may be able to get away with just saving revit, and closing the dynamo window), then reopen it, and run the clash detection with the next file. This will then place those clashes without removing your old clashes.

Rinse and repeat this process until all your clash files are loaded.

1 Like

Thanks @amvincent_heapy_com I’ll have to look into that. I just called to the site for a few months and I’ll do it then.

Thanks for you reply @RAllan I’ll be able to look at this in a few months and I’ll respond what happens

Hi All and thanks for the script and help on this.

I have everything working (kind of) and the spheres go into the correct location. but the clash name instance is blank & the element ID is pulling from cell H in the excel document.

Any help would be greatful

Well that was a long 5 months on-site. I’m back, ready and excited to finally get this working. Now to delve into everything I’ve forgotten. @guysmithB4853 I’ll let you know if I discover anything regarding your issue.

I guess I’m having a hard time understanding this. I didn’t map the XML as it was already done by Rallan and I’m using his. But I unmapped what he had done and redid it myself but got the same results. When exactly are you pressing ctrl? Are you pressing it so you can map both cell a2 and a3?

Hey @KFSam,

It would be super helpful if you could post all the files you are using and/or screenshots of issues you are having. I find it much easier to help when I have all the info in front of me to pick apart; that way I don’t need to wait for your responses to see if my “fixes” worked, I can just test them all and get back to you once I’ve found a way that will help you get out of this pickle :slight_smile:

Will await more info, and hopefully I can help you get this up and working. It has been a massive tool for my company (and me especially who has to do the work ahah)

@RAllan
I decided to retry the mapping process and this time I got it to work. It’s working nicely! Thanks for posting this; it’s awesome and will help out immensely.

@guysmithB4853 I couldn’t find any reason why yours would be doing that. Mine is pulling the info just fine.

@ All

replacing a sphere with a cube reduced file size.
Marcel

2 Likes

@KFSam
Im glad you were able to get the script to work as I intended it to. I hope it can provided you and your company a way to save time in all future clash detection projects; I know it has for me.

@Marcel_Rijsmus
Oh nice little change. Will definitely be beneficial on larger scale clash projects where 1000s of clashes are loaded into a model.

@guysmithB4853
Would you be able to post all relevant files here or to google drive? Would be much easier to troubleshoot your problem that way, and would most definitely lead to your issue being resolved quicker

Remember; If you ever have a problem, the quickest way to have it solved here is by doing 2 things

1. Upload all relevant files so that people can download and try to reproduce and then fix the issue
  2. Post a detailed description of the issue you are having/and what your end goal is to be

By doing the above 2 things, you will notice a lot more answers being sent your way :slight_smile: hope this helps in the future, and hope to see some of your files soon!

Thanks alot I will upload soon.

are you using shared coordinates when exporting nwc?

I used shared coordinated (as our projects are always set up this way from the get-go (we used shared coordinates for Revit links, our work is always on top of others work as I am in the smart building business. So we always work off Arch sets and clash against other disciplines).

But if anything, just try out and see what works for you. A bit of trial and error never hurt no one, but I’d suggest first trying as Shared Coordinates.

1 Like