Dynamo Point Coordinate Grafting Problem

Hello all,

New forum user here - looking forward to getting to know the community.

I have a problem that I just can’t seem to work my way around - I’m quite fluent in grasshopper but have made the switch to Dynamo and am having some problems that I think are solvable, just can’t quite find the logic to make it work.

I have a custom node written (quite large and complex) that takes 8 inputs (x and y coordinates of 4 points). I’m using optimo to optimize an objective, so the custom node is serving as a function. When I plug in a list of 8 numbers, it works great and spits out the correct results. However, when I try to input more than one “tree” of data (i.e. a list of 2 x-coord, 2 y-coord by 4 points, 16 numbers total) I get a “null” return. In grasshopper, the solution to this is just to graft the tree so it essentially runs the function for the first 8 numbers then runs it again for the next 8 numbers - no problem. I can’t get it to work out though in Dynamo, and because I’m trying to use Optimo to optimize, inputting one generation isn’t too helpful. Any advice on data manipulation to be able to get the function to run through for one list, then the next list, then the next list, etc.?

Thanks in advance!