Dynamo Player acting up

Hey Everyone, It looks like my dynamo play just wants to act up all day… I select a user input and then when it runs, it changes the family type. Still places then in the correct spot but its the wrong family.

BEFORE I HIT RUN:

AFTER I HIT RUN:

PLACED COUPLINGS: (not correct family)

Any ideas on why dynamo is doing this? Never had this problem before.
02b - INDIVIDUAL PIPE & CONDUIT HANGERS [X].dyn (90.0 KB)
CLEVIS HANGER - PIPES & CONDUIT.rfa (896 KB)

Is there something in the graph that may be keeping / remembering the other family? Also, does that family exist? That’s usually when it will jump to another family or Type.

It exists in revit and it works 90% of the time. Its just started acting up all of a sudden. The graph hasnt changed so i dont know why it would be doing that.

Can you share the graph or at least the portion with family selection in it?

1 Like

Picture or File? I have the dyn and rfa attached above. Please let me know if you need a picture. and thank you for the responses!

My bad, I missed that. I’ll pop it open and take a look. Thanks!

1 Like

Well I cannot get it to do anything other than what its supposed to do, but I did notice that there was a string you were trying to use in an equation that wasn’t working quite right.

Other than that, I might just suggest that you delete the Family Types node and add it back, but don’t run the graph before you save it. Sometimes the bindings will carry through on Dynamo player and tweak things, but if you create the graph, and save WITHOUT running it on any files, there shouldn’t be any bindings to keep.

Sweet graph by the way, works very well and is super quick!

1 Like

Okay ill try that! any fix the “string.toNumber” Thanks for taking a look!

1 Like